The end of an era as Primetime Wrestling ceases to exist. It’s announced that a show will replace it… you might have heard of it.
WWF World Championship Scene: (currently held by: Bret Hart)
It was announced on the December 13th edition of WWF Wrestling Challenge that Bret would defend the WWF World Championship against Razor Ramon at the Royal Rumble. Bobby Heenan said during the December 12th edition of WWF Superstars that Ramon or Flair would beat Bret Hart.
On the house show market, Bret Hart defended the championship against Ric Flair and retained the belt each time.
WWF Intercontinental Championship Scene: (currently held by: Shawn Michaels)
On the December 21st edition of Primetime Wrestling, Michaels attacked Marty Jannetty during a match with Papa Shango. Their feud would continue to heat up leading into 1993. Michaels continued to retain the championship against Marty Jannetty on the house show market.
WWF World Tag Team Championship Scene: (currently held by: Money Inc.)
Money Inc. didn’t have much going on television wise, but they would continue to defend the titles against the Nasty Boys on the house show market. The Nasty Boys were able to pickup a few disqualification wins during the month.
- Jerry Lawler made his WWF debut as a commentator on the December 7th edition of Primetime Wrestling.
- Kimchee, the handler for Kamala, started to treat Kamala with more aggression and treating Kamala poorly during the month.
- Doink the Clown started to prank babyface wrestlers. The wrestlers who fell victim to the pranks were the Nasty Boys, Bob Backlund and Big Bossman. Doink gave the Nasty Boys replica tag titles, made Backlund slip on a banana peel and tripped Bossman. Doink also tossed confetti on Bam-Bam Bigelow.
- It was announced on the December 21st edition of Primetime that the show would no longer be airing and it would be replaced by a show on Monday called RAW. RAW was announced as starting on January 11th, 1993.
- Nailz was fired from the WWF after confronting Vince McMahon backstage. Nailz would file a lawsuit saying he was a victim of sexual harassment. At the time, Nailz was in line to feud with the Undertaker. Nailz would never been seen in the WWF again.
There weren’t any major televised events.