The fallout from WrestleMania IX! On RAW, a superstar returns to challenge Tatanka for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Also, A new challenger steps forward for the WWF World Champion, Bret Hart. On Superstars, Ted DiBiase takes on Jerry Saggs while Owen Hart is a guest on Kings Court! Plus, Rampage 1993 in the UK takes place!
WWF RAW 4/5/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. WWF Intercontinental Champion Tatanka defeated Fatu at 7:19 in a non-title match after a Samoan Drop. After the match, Tatanka is attacked by the Mountie who ran down to the ring through the crowd and zapped Tatanka with his cattle prod. Mountie zapped Tatanka a couple more times before escorted out of the ring by several officials.
2. Bret Hart/Bam-Bam Bigelow Confrontation: Vince McMahon conducted an in-ring interview with WWF World Champion Bret Hart, who managed to defeat Ric Flair last night at WrestleMania IX. Hart thanks the fans for their support and puts over Flair as a good wrestler but says he proved to Flair and the world that he is the man! McMahon wonders what is next for Bret Hart, but before Hart can respond Bam-Bam Bigelow’s music hits. Bigelow makes his way out, with Undertaker’s urn but without Luna Vachon. Bigelow quickly chimes in and believes that McMahon should be interviewing him instead of Bret Hart. Bigelow hypes himself up and talks about being the guy to finally end the Deadman’s run in the WWF. “All Bret Hart did was beat up a dinosaur.” Bigelow believes that Hart wouldn’t be able to beat a powerful beast like himself. Bigelow says he has beaten one of the fans heroes (Taker), and he wants to beat their top hero, Bret Hart. Hart tells Bigelow that he is a fighting champion and that he would be more than happy to put Bigelow in his place sometime in the near future! Bigelow has a stare down with Hart before backing off and leaving with a grin. Hart poses for the fans to close out the segment.
3. Rick Martel defeated Jim Powers in 4:05 with the Boston Crab.
4. Lex Luger Interview: Jim Ross conducted an in-ring interview with Lex Luger. Luger has every reason to brag to the fans as he defeated Mr. Perfect last night. Luger starts off by telling Ross and the fans that he did exactly what he said he was going to do and that was prove that Mr. Perfect is a choke artist. Luger seven goes far to say that Mr. Perfect is not the appropriate name for Mr. Perfect. Luger will now refer to Mr. Perfect as “Mr. Imperfection”. Luger turns his attention to the WWF World Championship held by Bret Hart. Since Luger has a tendency of doing what he says, Luger proceeds to proclaim that he will win the WWF World Championship by the end of 1993. Luger leaves the ring signaling that the WWF World Championship will be coming around his waist in due time.
5. Kamala defeated Barry Horowitz in 1:56 following a big splash.
6. Razor Ramon defeated Doug White in 1:26 following the Razors Edge. During the bout, pre-tape comments by Ramon are shown. Ramon states that while Randy Savage may have won the battle last night, the war is far from being over!
WWF Superstars 4/10/1993
1. Ted DiBiase defeated Jerry Saggs in 6:09 with the Million Dollar Dream. During the bout, the Steiner Brothers shared some pre-tape comments. Scott Steiner says that he and his brother Rick were robbed at WrestleMania IX. Scott assures the fans that they will work hard to get another shot at Money Inc. and win what is rightfully theirs the WWF World Tag Team Championships!
2. Jeff Jarrett Vignette: A video of a self proclaimed country music star by the name of “Double J” Jeff Jarrett is aired. Jarrett is walking the streets of Nashville saying that he is looking for a new challenge after achieving all that he wanted to achieve as a country star. Jarrett lists a few names of wrestlers that he compares himself to as being Bret Hart, the Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, and Randy Savage. Jarrett believes his going to become a WWF Legend. “You will all see just how great Jeff Jarrett really is!”
3. Shawn Michaels defeated Louie Spicolli in 1:22 following a super kick.
4. Kings Court w/Owen Hart: Jerry Lawler conducted the first edition of Kings Court by ripping on the fans and explaining his lost at WrestleMania. Lawler claims that he didn’t have any time to prepare for his opponent. Lawler doesn’t mention that he had issued a open challenge and that was bound to happen. Lawler ends up introducing his first guest, Owen Hart. Owen comes down to the ring and is greeted with a nice ovation from the fans. Lawler asks Owen just who he is because Lawler claims to not have any idea. Once told, Lawler says that Owen is “that other Hart brother that no one cares about.” Owen clearly didn’t appreciate that comment. Owen grabs the microphone and says that he should have a interview segment after he pinned Lawler one, two, three in the middle of the ring. Owen doesn’t consider Lawler to be a King and would say that Lawler is a Queen but that is a insult to all the Queens out there! Lawler gets another microphone and begins to speak insulting Owen every way he knows how to. Eventually, Lawler distracts Owen long enough for Rick Martel to roll into the ring and chop block Owen’s knee. Martel locks in the Boston Crab while Lawler gets down on the mat and yells in Owen’s face before several agents and referees run down to end the beating.
5. Crush defeated Mike Bell in 0:54 with the Kona Vice. During the bout, pre-tape comments by Crush are shown. Crush makes it clear that he is coming after Yokozuna.
6. Randy Savage defeated Beau Beverly in 5:38 following a top rope elbow drop.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 4/11/1993
1. The Natural Disasters defeated Chris Kanyon/Barry Hardy in 2:37 when Earthquake pinned Hardy following a splash.
2. Shawn Michaels Interview: Mean Gene conducted a interview with former WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels. Michaels isn’t happy about being called a former Intercontinental Champion and blames the heat and humidity in Las Vegas as his reason for losing. Michaels tells Gene that he has a “big surprise” for Tatanka and has a plan to regain his WWF Intercontinental Championship. Michaels wants Tatanka to enjoy his title reign because it will be coming to an end very soon.
3. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated PJ Walker in 1:55 following a top rope diving head butt. During the bout, pre-tape comments from Paul Bearer were shown. Bearer reveals that the Undertaker has gone missing since WrestleMania. Apparently, Taker disappeared after officials turned their back trying to get proper equipment to help control Taker’s burns. Bearer still believes that the Undertaker will comeback and extract revenge on Bigelow!
4. Money Inc. Interview: Jim Ross conducted a interview with the WWF World Tag Team Champions, Money Inc. DiBiase told everyone that they would use their intelligence to defeat the powerful Steiner Brothers. Ross points out that what they did was cheating. IRS responds by saying “what we did was not cheating. We used what was available to us.” Ross doesn’t agree with that logic but continues the interview. DiBiase points out that they do not have any worthy opponents and believe that they don’t need to defend the championships. DiBiase believes that they will now be the WWF World Tag Team Champions forever! DiBiase and IRS laugh to end the segment, believing that everything is going perfectly for them.
5. Big Bossman defeated Mike Bucci in 1:46 following a side slam.
6. Ric Flair defeated Mark Starr in 1:03 with the figure four. During the bout, pre-tape comments by Mr. Perfect were aired. Perfect is looking to get revenge on Flair for robbing him of his chance to wrestle for the WWF World Championship. “Watch your back, Nature Boy. You will never know when I will show up.”
WWF UK Rampage ‘93 4/11/1993 (Sheffield, England 8,350) LIVE PPV only in UK.
1. Max Moon defeated Repo Man in 5:08 with a inside cradle. *
2. Crush defeated the Brooklyn Brawler in 4:43 with the Kona Vice ½*
3. The Beverly Brothers defeated the Nasty Boys in 10:56 when Beau pinned Saggs following a swinging neck breaker. **¼
4. Marty Jannetty defeated Fatu in 7:22 following the Rocker Dropper. ***
5. Jerry Lawler defeated Owen Hart in 6:19 following a pile driver. **
6. Yokozuna defeated Jim Duggan in 4:27 following the Bonsai Drop. *½
7. Steiner Brothers defeated WWF World Tag Team Champions Money Inc. in a non-title match in 14:57 when Scott pinned IRS following the Frankensteiner. ***¼
8. Bam-Bam Bigelow/Lex Luger/Razor Ramon defeated WWF World Champion Bret Hart/Mr. Perfect/Randy Savage at 25:45 in a elimination match when Bigelow pinned Hart following a diving head butt. Bigelow was the sole survivor. ***½
First Elimination: Ramon pinned Savage at 6:05 following the Razors Edge.
Second Elimination: Hart forced Ramon to submit at 14:13 with the Sharpshooter.
Third/Fourth Elimination: Luger and Perfect were counted out at 19:26 as they brawled to the backstage area.
Final Elimination: Bigelow pins Hart at 25:45 following a top rope diving head butt.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.