Yearly Review: WWF November 1991
The WWF World Championship changes hands not without some controversy, though! Plus, Mr. Perfect makes his return!
WWF World Championship Scene: (currently held by: Hulk Hogan)
Hogan defended the WWF World Championship against the undefeated Undertaker at Survivor Series on November 27th. Ric Flair was able to help the Undertaker win the championship by sliding a chair into the ring and that allowed Taker to tombstone Hogan on the chair to earn the biggest victory of his career and his first WWF World Championship after a year in the company.
Prior to losing the championship, Hogan was defending the championship against Ric Flair on the house show market. Hogan would win each contest by count-out.
WWF Intercontinental Championship Scene: (currently held by: Bret Hart)
During the November 13th taping of WWF Superstars, Bret Hart was awarded with the 1991 Wrestler of the Year award. This didn’t sit well with The Mountie who claimed to be the “excellence of electrocution.”
WWF World Tag Team Championship Scene: (currently held by: Legion of Doom)
Legion of Doom remained busy by successfully defending the championships against the Natural Disasters throughout the month. They would win the matches by disqualification.
– Ted DiBiase regained the WWF Million Dollar Championship by beating his former bodyguard Virgil during a November 11th taping of television. It was aired part of the Survivor Series Showdown on November 24th.
– Ric Flair revealed that Mr. Perfect was his new executive consultant on the November 23rd edition of Superstars. Also, Mr. Perfect made his debut as a color commentator during the November 30th edition of WWF Superstars. Perfect hadn’t been seen since SummerSlam in August due to a back injury.
– Sid Justice suffered an arm injury and begged Jack Tunney to allow Randy Savage to replace him at Survivor Series to take on Jake Roberts and his team at the event.
– Vignettes promoting a new wrestler named the Repo Man started to air during the month.
Survivor Series 1991 Results:
– Ric Flair, Ted DiBiase, the Mountie and the Warlord defeated Roddy Piper, WWF Intercontinental Champion Bret Hart, Virgil and Davey Boy Smith
– Jim Duggan, Sgt. Slaughter, Tito Santana and Kerry Von Erich defeated Col. Mustafa, Berzerker, Hercules and Skinner
– The Undertaker defeated WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan to win the title
– The Nasty Boys and the Beverly Brothers defeated The Rockers & The Bushwhackers
– The Big Bossman and WWF World Tag Team Champions Legion of Doom defeated IRS and the Natural Disasters.
Survivor Series: 2.2