Yearly Review: WWF September 1993
A new challenger rises through the dark to challenge for the WWF World Championship.
WWF World Championship Scene: (currently held by: Yokozuna)
With Lex Luger falling short of winning the WWF World Championship, Jim Cornette made sure to remind us that Luger had agreed to a no rematch clause. Despite that clause, Luger maintained confidence that he would be the WWF World Champion in the near future.
A new challenger appeared to challenge Yokozuna on the September 25th edition of Superstars. The Undertaker appeared when the lights came on and dared Yokozuna to meet him on the dark side.
WWF Intercontinental Championship Scene: (currently held by: Shawn Michaels)
On the September 27th edition of RAW it was announced that Jack Tunney had stripped Shawn Michaels of the championship. In reality, this was because Michaels failed a drug test, something he has denied.
As a result, a 20 man battle royal was announced to take place on the October 4th edition of RAW.
WWF World Tag Team Championship Scene: (currently held by: Steiner Brothers.)
The reign of the Steiner Brothers as tag team champions came to an end on the September 13th edition of RAW. On the show, the Quebecers were able to win the WWF World Tag Team Championships when Scott Steiner got disqualified for using a hockey stick on Jacques. Prior to the bout, it was revealed that the title would change hands on a DQ, count-out, piledrivers were not allowed, wrestlers could not be thrown over the top nor could they come off the top rope.
Johnny Polo debuted as the manager of Pierre and Jacques during the match, as well.
On the September 20th RAW, Scott Steiner pinned Pierre to earn themselves a rematch for the tag titles.
– Doink the Clown started to act like a babyface following SummerSlam. He started to dump water on heels like Bobby Heenan on RAW and Jerry Lawler during a Kings Court segment on Wrestling Challenge.
– Rick Martel made his return to television on the September 27th RAW. Martel hadn’t been seen on television for roughly six months.
– Also on the September 27th RAW, Jimmy Snuka returned to action for the company.
– PJ Walker earned the biggest win of his career when he pinned IRS on the September 20th edition of RAW after Razor Ramon caused a distraction.
– Lex Luger remained busy with Ludvig Borga. Luger is fighting for the US as Borga continues to insult America for being dirty and poor.
There were no major events this month.