Yearly Review: WWF October 1993
An undefeated streak comes to an end. Plus, a heel turn occurs that breaks the Macho Man down.
WWF World Championship Scene: (currently held by: Yokozuna)
Throughout the month, Yokozuna would pin the Undertaker after hitting Taker with a salt bucket and delivering leg drops. Yokozuna has a fear of caskets, but he still manages to pin Taker.
Yokozuna would also successfully defend against Bret Hart as well during the month.
WWF Intercontinental Championship Scene: (currently held by: Vacant)
With the championship being vacated by Shawn Michaels last month, the WWF held a 20 man battle royal on the 10/4 RAW. The final two men would then compete in a singles match on 10/11 to crown a new champion. Rick Martel and Razor Ramon were the final two men and on 10/11, Ramon pinned Martel following a Razors Edge to win his first WWF Intercontinental Championship.
On the house show market, Ramon successfully defended the championship against Rick Martel and later on in the month defeated IRS numerous times by count-out.
WWF World Tag Team Championship Scene: (currently held by: The Quebecers)
For the most part, the Quebecers competed in squash matches on television. However, they did lose to Men on a Mission by count-out on the 10/31 Wrestling Challenge.
On the house show market, the Quebecers defended against Adam Bomb and Bam-Bam Bigelow mostly winning by count-out. They’d also get victories over Men on a Mission to retain the championships.
– Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson made their WWF debut on 10/11. They were the SMW Tag Team Champions at the time.
– On the 10/2 Superstars, Doink pranked Bam-Bam Bigelow and Luna Vachon several times. He dumped confetti and water on both of them and also tripped Bigelow with a wire on the entrance way.
– Giant Gonzalez confronted Adam Bomb and Harvey Wippleman on the 10/24 Wrestling Challenge, but both Wippleman and Bomb bailed from the ring to avoid anything from happening.
– One of the more memorable moments for the WWF occurred on 10/18 RAW when there was a meeting between Randy Savage and Crush. For several weeks, Crush had avoided talking to Savage and they talked it out in the ring. They seemingly made peace and walked up the entrance way where Crush delivered a clothesline and dropped Savage throat first across the guard railing. WWF World Champion Yokozuna came down and delivered a Bonzai Drop. Crush has joined the stable of Yoko, Fuji and Cornette and turned heel in the process, as well.
– One of the longest undefeated streak in WWF history came to an end on the 10/30 Superstars. Ludvig Borga ended Tatanka’s near two year undefeated streak with help from Mr. Fuji and Yokozuna.
– Bret Hart and Jerry Lawler continued their feud on the house shows with steel cage matches. Bret would win them each time.
– Also, the newcomer Ludvig Borga would battle US hero Lex Luger on the house shows but lost each encounter.
There were no major events this month.