Written by: Bob Colling
World Championship Wrestling presents Saturday Night
From: Gainesville, GA
1.) Wrath defeated Barry Horowitz
2.) Chad Fortune defeated Fidel Sierra
3.) Meng defeated Dale Tolbert
4.) Disco Inferno defeated Jeff Pies
5.) Chris Adams defeated Chip Minton
6.) Scotty Riggs defeated Scott Putski
7.) Bobby Duncum Jr. & Mike Enos defeated Bobby Eaton & Kenny Kaos
1. Backstage, Mean Gene interviewed Konnan. He doesn’t know who he can trust but he is quite mad about Lex Luger and others turning their back on the Wolfpack. Konnan thinks that Luger turned his back on the Wolfpack and he is going to thug him out. He talks about Rey Mysterio Jr. and how he doesn’t have anything that Luger could possibly want. Konnan will be meeting the Total Package at Souled Out tomorrow night.
2. Goldberg says that from the beginning it has always been “who’s next” but when he is finished it will be “who’s left.” He says that Scott Hall is first tomorrow night and hopes he isn’t late. Goldberg was surprised by Luger turning on him and considers that the worst mistake in Luger’s life.
3. Backstage, Mean Gene is with Scott Hall. Hall has a ladder behind him and a taser in hand. Hall tells Goldberg that he is in his first gimmick match tomorrow night and says there are no rules, referee or time limit and anything goes. Hall is not scared by Goldberg and walks away quite confident.
4. Adams defeating Minton was a rematch from December 8th on Saturday Night, which Minton won. The match was rather quick and Adams won with a modified arm bar. I’m sure no one was even aware of the feud.
5. Eaton and Enos kick off the main event. Eaton starts off with a hip toss but Enos backs Bobby into a corner and hits a clothesline followed by several stomps in the corner. Duncum tags in and shoulder blocks Eaton with Enos and drops several elbows for a two count. Eaton comes off the ropes to hit a swinging neck breaker. Kaos enters but is quickly slammed down by Duncum. Enos drops Kaos throat first across the top rope to keep control but Kaos comes running out of the corner with a clothesline. Kaos slams Enos and nearly wins. Eaton enters with an elbow drop on Enos after a drop toe hold by Kaos. Enos catches Kaos in midair to hit a power slam. Duncum enters to shoulder block Kaos quickly. Rage is at ringside to root on Kaos. Duncum pins Kaos after a leg drop. After the match, Rage leaves rather pissed off for whatever reason. (*. A bad match to end the show with guys the fans don’t care about. I mean, who is really going to care that Rage will turn on Kaos? Yeah, I didn’t think so.)
Same as last week with the show just not being good. This time around we didn’t even have a guy at the Bam-Bam caliber on the card competing. Luckily, better feature matches are coming. I feel bad for the Gainesville fans that had a rather weak taping experience.
Thanks for reading.