Rebooking The WWF: Week 4, 1994
Fallout from the Royal Rumble…
WWF RAW 1/24/1993 (Bushkill, PA)
1. Chris Benoit defeated Carl Williams in 2:44 following a German suplex. During the match, Owen Hart shared some thoughts on Benoit saying that Benoit isn’t the best wrestler to come out of the Hart family dungeon. Owen believes he and Benoit will be able to work together on WWF Superstars this Saturday.
2. Kings Court w/ Jack Tunney: Jerry Lawler opened the segment noting how upset he was regarding what happened to him at the Royal Rumble. Lawler doesn’t understand who Roddy Piper thinks he is. He says that Piper is jealous of him because the Kings Court puts Piper’s Pit to shame! Lawler is convinced that Kings Court will go down in the record books as the best interview segment in the history of professional wrestling. Lawler introduces his guest Jack Tunney, who will reveal the winners of the Year End Awards. Tunney makes his way down to the ring and cuts right down to business. Tunney says there were seven categories for WWF fans to choose from and tonight the results will be announced. Tunney announces that Ron Simmons won the Best Debut Award. The Most Shocking Moment was won by Ted DiBiase, who purchased the Hart House. The Steiner Brothers won the Best Tag Team Award. WWF World Champion Lex Luger was voted as the most hated man in the WWF while his most recent and year-long rival Mr. Perfect won the Most Popular Wrestler Award. Tunney hypes up the last award, the Wrestler of the Year. Lawler cuts Tunney off saying that he knows he won the award in a landslide but Tunney brings him back to reality saying that he didn’t get any votes whatsoever. The man who won the WWF Wrestler of the Year Award is Mr. Perfect! Tunney thanks everyone for voting before leaving while Lawler is left surprised that Mr. Perfect won the top award.
3. Shawn Michaels & Diesel defeated Glenn Ruth & Barry Hardy in 3:53 when Diesel pinned Ruth. During the bout, pre-tape comments from Michaels and Diesel were aired. Michaels said that it has always bothered him knowing he hasn’t won the WWF World Tag Team Championships. But, he puts all the blame for that on his previous slob of a partner Marty Jannetty. Michaels puts over Diesel as the perfect partner and says that if the Steiner’s have a set of manhood, they will accept a challenge for the titles!
4. Randy Savage defeated Brian West in 2:13 following a top rope elbow drop.
5. Royal Rumble Report: Todd Pettengill talks about what happened at the Royal Rumble last night. WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel beat Razor Ramon, Bret Hart overcame Shawn Michaels, Ron Simmons finished off Crush, WWF World Tag Team Champion Steiner Brothers beat the Heavenly Bodies, and WWF World Champion Lex Luger retained the title over Mr. Perfect and the Undertaker won the Royal Rumble to meet Lex Luger at WrestleMania X. Todd mentions the returns of the British Bulldog and Roddy Piper during the Royal Rumble match. Pettengill also heavily promotes the Hogan/Flair confrontation and their match scheduled to take place at WrestleMania X!
6. Men On A Mission defeated Dale Wolfe & Duane Gill in 2:15 when Mabel pinned Gill after a big splash.
7. Bret Hart defeated Crush by disqualification in 8:26 when Yokozuna attacked Hart. After the match, Crush and Yokozuna worked on Hart until Tatanka and Randy Savage came out to make the save.
Next Week: The British Bulldog will be a guest on Kings Court. What is on his mind? Also, Also, Mr. Perfect will be in action against Fatu.
WWF Superstars 1/29/1994
1. WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel defeated Virgil in 4:55 with the Boston Crab.
2. Razor Ramon/Bam-Bam Bigelow Confrontation: Mean Gene introduces Bam-Bam Bigelow for an interview. Gene talks about losing to the Undertaker at the MSG house show and then losing the Royal Rumble match last Sunday. Bigelow takes exception to Gene’s statements and tells Gene that he is still the toughest, baddest man in the WWF. Bigelow believes he is the only man to dominate the Undertaker the way he did in 1993 and no one will take that away from him. Bigelow continues by saying that he has been hearing a lot of talk of Razor Ramon being the toughest man in the World Wrestling Federation and it makes him sick. Bigelow mocks Ramon’s greasy hair and gold chains saying that Ramon is a fraud. This brings out Razor Ramon. Bigelow insults Ramon for losing to a model at the Royal Rumble. Ramon simply tells Bigelow that if he has a problem with him they can settle it like men. Bigelow appears to back off from Ramon but when Ramon turns around Bigelow shoves him off the podium and begins to attack Ramon putting the boots to him. Bigelow is stopped by several officials but is heard saying that he is the man to be feared in the WWF, not Razor Ramon.
3. Scott Norton defeated Scott Taylor in 1:45 following a military press slam.
4. Ted DiBiase Interview: Vince McMahon introduces Ted DiBiase for an interview. McMahon hypes up DiBiase competing against Bret Hart at WrestleMania X, but also notes that the British Bulldog is back in the WWF. McMahon asks if DiBiase is worried about Bulldog coming after him for making Diana his servant. DiBiase laughs off the question saying that he isn’t afraid, because he always has a plan. DiBiase says that at WrestleMania he will crush the hopes and dreams of Bret Hart once and for all!
5. The Smoking Gunns defeated Joe Stevenson & Bill Butler in 3:11 when Billy pinned Stevenson.
6. The Undertaker Interview: Vince McMahon introduces the 1994 Royal Rumble winner the Undertaker and Paul Bearer. Bearer says that the Undertaker has been waiting for this opportunity for years and now he has a chance to reclaim the top prize in the WWF. Bearer knows that WWF World Champion Lex Luger has been a dominating champion but everyone’s time runs out. The Undertaker chimes in saying that Luger’s time will end at WrestleMania X because he will Rest In Peace.
7. The Quebecers defeated Chris Benoit & Owen Hart in 10:21 when Pierre pinned Owen following a senton splash. Late in the match, Owen accidentally dropkicked Benoit off the apron after Jacques broke free from Benoit. Benoit ended up crotching his own partner on the top rope on an attempted missile dropkick and left the ring leading to the finish.
Next Week: The Undertaker will be in action against Scott Norton!
WWF Wrestling Challenge 1/30/1994
1. Ron Simmons defeated Mike Sharpe in 2:07 following a spine buster. During the bout, Simmons shared pre-tape comments saying that he is ready to chase after some WWF gold. He says that there is an arrogant model that needs to get a lesson in respect.
2. Ludvig Borga defeated Dan Dalton in 2:12 following a shoulder breaker.
3. Steiner Brothers Interview: Vince McMahon interviewed the WWF World Tag Team Champions the Steiner Brothers. McMahon mentions the challenge issued by Shawn Michaels and Diesel on RAW. Scott says that he and his brother have been the champions since June and that they worked through every tag team in the WWF to win the titles they worked so hard to earn. So, while they are fighting champions he isn’t convinced that Michaels and Diesel have earned a shot to come after their belts. Rick Steiner says that once they beat some teams as a tag team, they will be more than happy to knock their teeth down their throats because they will fight their hearts out to keep the WWF World Tag Team Championships!
4. Tatanka defeated Greg Rice in 2:56 following a Samoan Drop.
5. Jim Cornette Interview: Mean Gene interviews Jim Cornette who says that he is annoyed with Randy Savage and Tatanka. The past few weeks they have been getting in Camp Cornette’s business and messing up their plans. Cornette says that on RAW they could have ended Bret Hart’s career but Savage and Tatanka had to come out and save the day. Thus, Savage and Tatanka are now on his hit list. “McMahon, I guarantee you that Randy Savage and Tatanka will regret the day they screwed with our plans. Yokozuna, Ludvig Borga and Crush will not rest until they are satisfied and they are not easily satisfied.”
6. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated George South in 1:24 following a diving head butt.
7. Doink the Clown defeated the Kamikaze Kid in 6:45 following the Whoopee Cushion. After the match, Doink got down on all fours and simply laughed in Kid’s face. During the bout, the Nasty Boys came down to ringside yelling at the announcers for not getting the air time they were given. To show their frustration they attacked the Kamikaze Kid while Doink distracted the referee. Knobbs was heard saying “Since you don’t care about us, we don’t care about anyone.”
Next week: Tatanka will team with the WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers to take on Yokozuna and the Heavenly Bodies in a six man tag match!