WCW Worldwide 5/21/1995
Written by: Bob Colling
World Championship Wrestling presents Worldwide
From: Orlando, FL
1.) WCW Television Champion Arn Anderson defeated Bart Sawyer
2.) Big Bubba Rogers defeated David Walby
3.) Alex Wright defeated Sledgehammer McGill
4.) Bunkhouse Buck & Dick Slater defeated Scott D’Amour & TA McCoy
1. WCW World Champion Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, the Renegade and Jimmy Hart make their way out to the stage to be interviewed by Tony Schiavone. Hogan says they are pumped for Slamboree. He puts over Renegade as the craziest maniac on the planet. Savage says they are going to issue some punishment to Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater later tonight. Hogan says they are going to get a fine tune tonight in action.
2. Mean Gene interviews the Blue Bloods. Regal hopes that the Nasty Boys and Harlem Heat beat each other half to death. Nobody will care, not even their mothers! Regal thinks the US fans are afraid of foreigners. Eaton calls the Nasty Boys and Harlem Heat hideous.
3. Mean Gene interviews Col. Robert Parker and Meng. At Slamboree, Meng will be competing against Brian Pillman in the WCW US Championship tournament. Parker says that Pillman’s time has come to meet Meng at Slamboree. Parker thinks that Pillman will be going to the hospital after their match. It will be taking place on the Main Event before the actual pay per view.
4. Ric Flair, Vader and WCW Television Champion Arn Anderson come out to be interviewed by Tony Schiavone. Flair says that Hogan, Savage and Renegade don’t have guts and didn’t show up for their match this week. Anderson suggests Hogan and Savage to not show up to Slamboree. Vader tells Hogan to go back to Hollywood where he belongs. Vader continues to call Hogan a coward.
5. Flair and Vader team up in the main event to take on two masked men. Renegade comes out and attacks Anderson on the floor. Renegade clotheslines Vader and Flair. The masked men are Hogan and Savage! They clean house on Vader and Flair!
6. Tony Schiavone interviews Hogan and Savage to end the show. They talk like they are Mexican, which is just ridiculous. Hulk can’t believe how stupid Flair and Vader are. Hogan’s believe everyone knew it was them but they kept their mouths shut. They are going to party at Slamboree.
It was cool to see Hogan and Savage on Worldwide, and the segment between Vader and Flair was entertaining. It just seems like the heels aren’t capable of getting any momentum on the babyfaces in the main event feud. A good way to get some interest in the main event for Slamboree, but the heels need to get some serious heel heat on the faces.
Thanks for reading.