WWF RAW 5/15/1995
World Wrestling Federation presents RAW
From: Binghamton, NY
1.) WWF World Tag Team Champion Yokozuna defeated Nick Barberry & Bill Weaver
2.) Man Mountain Rock defeated Iron Mike Sharpe
3.) Bob Holly defeated Mantaur to qualify for the 1995 King of the Ring Tournament
4.) Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated IRS
1. IRS says it will be the final payment for the Corporation when he puts a lean on Bam-Bam Bigelow’s tattoos tonight. Bigelow says he is going beat up the taxman and go through every Corporation member.
2. Jerry Lawler is happy because he bear Bret Hart last night at In Your House. Lawler made his mother proud.
3. The WWF World Tag Team Champions Owen Hart and Yokozuna were in action to open the show. Yokozuna pins Weaver following a Rock Bottom. This was a handicap match.
4. Jerry Lawler continues to brag about beating Bret Hart with help from Hakushi last night.
5. Man Mountain Rock plays some guitar before his match. Rock has no problem with Iron Mike Sharpe and wins the match by submission with an arm bar.
6. Footage from the pay per view where a house was given away is shown.
7. Vince McMahon announces that Shawn Michaels will return to action next week against King Kong Bundy. We get more stills from the pay per view. This time they are from the Ramon vs. Jarrett/Roadie match. This match marked the debut of Savio Vega who saved Ramon from a beating.
8. Backstage, Savio Vega says some stuff in Spanish. He speaks English and says that Ramon is his friend and that is why he helped him.
9. It’s time for a KOTR qualifying match between Bob Holly and Mantaur. Mantaur uses his size to toss Holly across the ring and to the floor early on. Mantaur scoop slams Holly and follows up with a power slam. Mantaur dominates Holly with a side slam and a vertical suplex. Mantaur misses a splash in the corner and Holly gets a two count with a school boy. Holly almost wins after hitting a missile dropkick off the top. Holly leaps off the top again and hit’s a cross body for the win.
10. A video promoting Michaels vs. Bundy next week is aired.
11. Vince McMahon is in eh ring to interview Bob Backlund. Backlund says that some people will be happy and upset because of his announcement. He goes on to mention several memorable moments in history and compares his announcement to them. Backlund announces that he is going to run for President of the United States of a America.
12. Earlier today, Jim Ross talked to Ted DiBiase and IRS. DiBiase doesn’t think there will be anything left of Bigelow later tonight. DiBiase wants Bigelow to team up with Diesel to take on Sid and Tatanka if there is anything left of him, of course.
13. Bigelow introduces Diesel as being the man who will be in his corner tonight. Diesel scares DiBiase to the backstage area. Bigelow atomic drops IRS to the floor. Bigelow misses a falling head butt. Diesel tosses IRS back into the ring as we go to commercial. Bigelow misses a top rope head butt and IRS drops him with a clothesline for a two count. IRS continues to work on Bigelow with a clothesline for a near fall. IRS continues to work on Bigelow and send shim chest first into the exposed turnbuckle. Diesel knocks IRS’s feet off the ropes on the cover attempt. Bigelow rams IRS into the turnbuckle head first and connects with a falling head butt to get the win.
14. After a video promoting HBK’s return is shown, King Kong Bundy says he will not be back for long.
This wasn’t a good episode. There just wasn’t anything exciting or good. I don’t care about Backlund running for President, even if it is kind of funny. The main event was boring as well. There just wasn’t anything fun this week.
Thanks for reading.