WWF RAW 6/12/1995
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents RAW
From: Struthers, OH
1.) Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Duane Gill
2.) Kama defeated David Haskins
3.) Man Mountain Rock defeated Bob Cook
4.) Techno Team 2000 defeated John Crystal & Mike Khoury
5.) WWF World Tag Team Champion Yokozuna defeated Lex Luger by count-out to qualify for the 1995 King of the Ring Tournament
1. A video promoting the Lex Luger vs. Yokozuna match is aired. We also get a history lesson involving the two men dating back two years ago. They both say this match has been coming for a long time.
2. Bam-Bam Bigelow opens the show competing in singles action. Bigelow won the match over Duane Gill following a diving head butt off the top rope.
3. A vignette promoting Waylon Mercy aired. Mercy enjoys worms but doesn’t like them crawling on him. Mercy doesn’t like wrestles touching him. If they touch him they will be squashed.
4. Kama is in action this week. He sees a black wreath at ringside that Undertaker’s fans have brought to ringside. Kama picks up the win following a belly to belly suplex. Kama yells at the two fans after the match to get rid of the wreath.
5. Todd Pettengill hosts the KOTR Report. We hear from Sid and Tatanka. Sid says that Bigelow and Diesel will suffer pain at the event. Lawler continues to tell us that his foot is going to be gross when Bret Hart kisses his foot at the event.
6. Backstage, Yokozuna is eating rice to weigh even heavier for his match against Lex Luger.
7. Man Mountain Rock forced Bob Cook to submit to a arm breaker to win a squash match. Backstage, we see Bob Backlund dropping Rock’s guitar and kicking it around.
8. Everyone’s favorite tag team made their RAW debut. It’s Techno Team 2000! Travis earned the win for his team after a top rope twisting cross body.
9. Backstage, Man Mountain Rock is crying about his guitar. He says it is personal now and he will take care of Backlund.
10. Fun fact, Scott Anton (Riggs) comes out waving the American Flag for Lex Luger. It’s funny that in four months time Anton would be a WCW World Tag Team Champion. Yoko worked on Luger early on with strikes in the corner. Yoko missed a leg drop but Mr. Fuji distracted Luger to allow Yoko to recover. Luger drops Yoko after a middle rope leaping clothesline. Luger goes to the floor to protect Anton but ends up being shoved into the ring post and Yoko leg drops him on the floor. Yoko returns to the ring and Luger is counted out.
11. To close the show we see Jerry Lawler’s training video. Lawler is walking around in horse poop to train for his match against Bret Hart. We see footage of Lawler shoving his feet into Aldo Montoya’s mouth from WWF Superstars.
Another sub-par episode of RAW this week. The main event match was pretty much their match from 1993-1994 and I wasn’t interested in it. There was a lot of hype for the Lawler/Hart match, which is only going to continue since Lawler is on commentary. It kind of gets annoying after awhile. I hope this isn’t the point where WWF hit’s a speed bump because the shows up to the last few weeks weren’t all that bad.
Thank for reading.