WWF RAW 8/14/1995
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents RAW
From: Worcester, MA
1.)Waylon Mercy defeated Doink the Clown
2.)the Smoking Gunns defeated Bill Garrett & Cody Wade
3.)Hunter Hearst Helmsley defeated Jeff Hardy
4.)Henry Godwinn defeated Russ Greenberg
5.)WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels defeated Jerry Lawler by disqualification
1. Jerry Lawler shares comments regarding his match tonight. He is surprised that Michaels is back considering what happened last week. He is going to finish Michaels off tonight!
2. Ted DiBiase is on commentary this week and he is extremely upset with Sid not getting his shot at SummerSlam.
3. The fans are chanting “Kill The Clown” during the Mercy squash match. You’ve got to love the Worcester crowd.
4. A video of Goldust is aired. He is painted in gold and is from Hollywood. Who would have thought that this was actually Dustin Rhodes, who had been fired by WCW in March. He is obsessed with movies and all that stuff. Goldust wants some gold around his waist. This is one creepy character.
5. Henry Godwinn comes down to ringside. DiBiase was saying that Godwinn was not a member of his Corporation. Godwinn is mad that he is not part of the group. DiBiase is trying to reason with him. Godwinn isn’t buying what DiBiase is telling him. Godwinn wants Ted to get on his knees, and he does! Oh man, he wants DiBiase to squeal like a pig. Well, Godwinn dumps his slop on DiBiase! That’s a face turn, everyone!
6. Dean Douglas is back to grade Bret Hart’s execution. He thinks that Bret climbing the ropes while his opponent is down is an act of a coward. Douglas points out that Bret doesn’t hook the leg on a cover attempt. So, Douglas gives the grade of F for Bret.
7. Shawn Michaels cuts a promo telling Jerry Lawler that he needs to be worried about what he is going to be going through tonight.
8. Michaels starts off the match tripping Lawler from the floor to make Lawler look foolish. Lawler fails at getting offense in and is back dropped by Michaels. Michaels avoids a pile driver when Psycho Sid comes down to ringside. Sid is looking at the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Lawler sends Michaels into a corner and Michaels crashes to the floor. Lawler plants Michaels with a DDT for a two count. Lawler misses a splash off the top rope! Michaels hits a flying forearm shot as he makes his comeback. Michaels attempts a top rope elbow drop and hits it! Michaels hits the super kick on Lawler but is attacked by Sid! Sid drives Michaels down to the mat with a choke slam! Razor Ramon runs down to the ring and saves Michaels from suffering a power bomb! Razor stops Michaels from hitting the super kick on Sid as he wants the Razors Edge, but Lawler saves Sid and they bail. Both Razor and Michaels go to grab the WWF Intercontinental Championship and Ramon yanks it out of Michaels hands to pose with it. WWF World Champion Diesel comes out to tell them to cool off.
I thought it was a below average edition of RAW. The face turn for Henry Godwinn was mildly entertaining and perhaps a turn in character will get him over because he wasn’t getting the job done as a heel. Michaels/Lawler was okay and the aftermath did a solid job of adding tension between Michaels and Ramon. Anyway, this gets a thumbs down from me. There just wasn’t enough to make it a quality show.
Thanks for reading.