WWF Superstars 10/30/1993
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Worcester, MA
1.)the Smoking Gunns defeated the Executioners
2.)Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Tim McNeany
3.)the Steiner Brothers defeated Bert Centeno & Chris Duffy
4.)the Heavenly Bodies defeated PJ Walker & Mark Thomas
5.)Ludvig Borga defeated Tatanka
1. Jerry Lawler is dressed up like Macho Man Randy Savage and it’s way too small on him, which makes it all that better. Lawler calls Helen Hunt a witch as well.
2. Gorilla Monsoon hosts the WWF Update. We hear from Lex Luger and the Steiner Brothers while Tatanka is missing from the group. Luger says they are ready for the Survivor Series. Scott suggests their opponents watch their match to get a first hand look that they are ready for Survivor Series.
3. Prior to his match, Bigelow was taunted by Doink the Clown who appeared on the big screen with two buckets.
4. WWF World Tag Team Champions the Quebecers shared some thoughts during the Steiner Brothers match. Jacques promises to beat Rick Steiner up so badly that he will never forget it next week on Superstars.
5. Borga gets the early advantage by jabbing Tatanka in the ribs but misses a splash in the corner. Tatanka battles back with chops but can’t drop Borga with a clothesline. It takes three clotheslines to knock Borga off his feet. Tatanka shoulder blocks, dropkicks and gets a two count following a crossbody. Borga controls Tatanka with several blows to his midsection. Borga drives Tatanka down to the canvas with a side slam as Mr. Fuji makes his way down to ringside. Borga continues his offense with a delayed vertical suplex as the show goes to commercial. Tatanka hits a back suplex but Borga doesn’t feel anything from it and quickly clotheslines Tatanka to regain control of the match. Tatanka soon begins to get his second wind despite Borga punching him in the ribs. Tatanka hammers away on Borga but is stopped by another body punch. Tatanka is tossed over the top to the floor. Mr. Fuji is distracting the referee as Borga gets a chair and whacks Tatanka over the back! Borga rolls Tatanka back into the ring and literally covers him with one finger to win the match. (**1/2. A decent match, but a rather big moment since it’s the end of Tatanka’s undefeated streak. Obvious to me that Borga must have some big plans in the coming months.) After the match, WWF World Champion Yokozuna makes his way down to the ring. Yoko proceeds to deliver the Bonzai Drop on Tatanka’s ribs. Backstage, Lex Luger is running to the ring after having to fight off the Quebecers. However, Luger is stopped on the aisle way by both Pierre and Jacques. Where the are the Steiner Brothers, though?! Luger breaks free and enters the ring where he attacks both Borga and Yokozuna. Luger cleans house and checks on Tatanka. Tatanka is stretchered out of the arena due to a serious rib injury.
A memorable episode of Superstars since it marked the end of Tatanka’s undefeated streak and the aftermath was done very well. So, this gets a thumbs up from me for being a quality show.
Thanks for reading.