WWF Superstars 10/8/1988
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Indianapolis, IN
1.)WWF Intercontinental Champion the Ultimate Warrior defeated Gene Ligon
2.)Dino Bravo defeated John Latu
3.)The Rockers defeated Rusty Riddle & Sandy Beach
4.)Bad News Brown defeated Warren Bianchi
5.)Don Muraco defeated Larry Stevens
6.)Junkyard Dog defeated Brian Costello
7.)WWF World Tag Team Champions Demolition defeated Tommy Angel & DJ Peterson
1. We hear from Hercules who talks about what happened last week. He says that no amount of money nor amount of pain can make him anyone’s slave. He says that vengeance will be his!
2. The Rockers cut a pre-tape promo saying they are getting better everyday. They are tag team specialists that make them better than the rest.
3. Greg Valentine and Jimmy Hart let Muraco know that he is in for a war now. Valentine calls Muraco a stubborn guy and he will give up when he puts the figure four on Muraco.
4. It’s time for the Brother Love Show debut on Superstars. His guest this week is Bobby Heenan. Heenan notes there have been some changes in the Heenan Family and he is increasing the size of the Family. He is going to add some members to the family. Heenan wastes no time in revealing a new member to the Family. The guy is limited in wrestling, size and his win/loss record. Here comes Terry Taylor to join Heenan. Heenan is making Taylor out to look like he isn’t all that good. But, Heenan is going to make him a star. Heenan is going to take Taylor to the top of the WWF. Heenan is the ingredient that will make Taylor a star!
5. Demolition beat up the jobbers after the match and tossed the referee down to the canvas. The British Bulldogs run down to the ring and make the save. Ax is dropkicked to the floor. Davey Boy tosses Dynamite onto Smash with a flying headbutt to send the champs to the floor! The crowd exploded for that!
A step down from last week as it wasn’t exactly a strong show. It’s good to get a threat to the tag team champions as the Bulldogs could give them a good run at the titles. The Brother Love segment seemed a little odd. They are already setting up a Taylor babyface turn. That seems rather quick to me.
Thanks for reading.