WWF Superstars 11/6/1993
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Burlington, VT
1.)Rick Steiner defeated WWF World Tag Team Champion Jacques
2.)Adam Bomb defeated Rich Myers
3.)Crush defeated Gary Jackson
4.)the 1-2-3 Kid defeated Tony DeVito
5.)The Headshrinkers defeated Greg Hatfield & Tony Cohito
6.)Adam Bomb defeated Marty Jannetty by count-out
1. It is announced that Tatanka will not be able to compete at Survivor Series. Who replace Tatanka?
2. Rick chases Jacques around ringside but enters the ring and press slams Jacques in the opening moments. Rick hits an overhead belly to belly suplex. Johnny Polo distracts Steiner, but Rick is able to catch Jacques in midair with a powerslam. Pierre makes his way down to the ring to support Jacques. That causes a distraction and Jacques knees Steiner to the floor where Polo hits Rick with his cane. Scott Steiner runs down to the ringside area and chases both Pierre and Polo backstage. Jacques big boots Rick in the corner and gets a two count following a clothesline. Jacques drops Rick throat first across the top rope but can’t put him away. Jacques attempts a piledriver but Rick counters with a double leg slam. Jacques and Rick collide as they runs the ropes. Rick crotches Jacques on the top rope and connects with a backdrop. Rick heads to the top rope where he hits a bulldog and wins the match. (**1/2. A decent little match here to give the Steiner Brothers momentum against the champions.)
3. Adam Bomb heads backstage after his squash match win but is cut off by Marty Jannetty who had a match right after Bomb. Harvey Wippleman prevented Jannetty from doing so. Jannetty dropkicks Bomb and they are held apart by officials.
4. Jeff Jarrett continues to talk about his eventual rise to being the best country singer and he will use the WWF as his stepping stone. You can bet on that!
5. Jannetty and Bomb trade right hands until Bomb slams Jannetty only to miss an elbow drop. Marty takes Bomb out with a top rope clothesline for a near fall. Jannetty gets another two count following an atomic drop. Bomb nails Jannetty with a big clothesline and tosses him to the floor. Wippleman gets several cheap shots in on Jannetty until the 1-2-3 Kid comes out. Bomb comes off the apron to take Kid out with a double axe handle and rams him into the ring steps. Kid is brought into the ring and Bomb works over him. Jannetty comes in but is rammed into a corner. Kid gets several strikes in until Rick Martel runs into the ring and attacks Kid. Diesel runs out as well to give the heels the advantage. Razor Ramon sprints down to the ring to even the odds. IRS has come out as well! All these men will be wrestling against each other at Survivor Series. The faces clear the ring of the heels.
A fine episode this week of Superstars. We got two featured matches, though the last one was mainly just a hype up match for the showdown at Survivor Series. Nothing wrong with that. This episode gets a thumbs up from me.
Thanks for reading.