WWF Superstars 1/16/1993
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Green Bay, WI
1.) Razor Ramon defeated Buck Zumhoff
2.) The Nasty Boys defeated Mickey Jay & Rock Warner
3.) Crush defeated WT Jones
4.) Yokozuna defeated Carl Almont
5.) Tatanka defeated Tom Bennett
1. The show opens up with WWF World Champion Bret Hart saying that he will make Razor Ramon pay for attacking his brother Owen Hart on WWF Mania.
2. Razor Ramon was in action and had no problem beating Buck Zumhoff hitting the Razors Edge for the win.
3. WWF Update is centered on Slick looking to show Kamala the light. Slick wants the fans to embrace Kamala. We also hear from Harvey Wippleman who says Kamala hasn’t been the same since Survivor Series. Kamala won’t be the same once Kimchee takes care of him and the WWF will never be the same once he brings in the big bomb.
4. The Nasty Boys picked up a win over Mickey Jay and Rock Warner. They made it clear that they want the WWF World Tag Team Champions Money Inc.
5. Raymond Rougeau introduces the WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels for an interview. Michaels asks if Raymond was a woman if he would stand in the corner of a man who hit her with a mirror? Michaels doesn’t think so. Rather, he believes Sherri Martel will stand in the corner with the she loves and that is him. Michaels thinks that he carried Marty Jannetty and the Rockers team. He finishes off the interview saying that Jannetty will be carried out of the arena at the Royal Rumble!
6. Crush forces WT Jones to give up with the Kona Vice. After the match, Doink the Clown attacks Crush with his fake arm.
7. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center. WWF World Champion Bret Hart says that on 1/29 he will walk out the champion after his first title defense against Bam-Bam Bigelow. WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels also talks about his match against Bob Backlund. While he is impressed by Backlund he is still going to retain the championship.
8. Outside the building, Crush is being attended to as he is being put into an ambulance.
9. Yokozuna continued his dominating win streak pinning Carl Almont following the Bonsai Drop.
10. Royal Rumble Report hosted by Mean Gene is up next. Gene runs down the guys taking part in the Rumble match. We hear from Ric Flair who says he won it last year and he is going to do the same this year. Bob Backlund chimes in saying that he wants a shot at the WWF World Champion. We also hear from Damien Demento who laughs while saying he will win the Rumble to main event WrestleMania IX. Big Bossman talks about his match against Bam-Bam Bigelow saying he isn’t going to let Bigelow bully anyone.
11. Tatanka pins Tom Bennent following a Samoan Drop.
12. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center. We hear from Undertaker who says IRS will RIP at MSG on 1/29. Bobby Heenan says that he wants to see what Mr. Perfect has to offer. Flair wants Perfect to show him what he can do in the ring. Heenan will be in Flair’s corner.
That dastardly clown! Doink is really becoming one of the better heels in this company and he has been in the WWF for roughly a month. The fans reaction to what he did to Crush was priceless. There are obviously kids who are intimidated by clowns or scared by them. So, tapping that fear is a great business decision. Although, the premise behind their feud is rather dumb it is still entertaining because of Doink’s actions.
Overall, aside from the Doink/Crush stuff not much was happening on this show. There was just a lot promotion for the PPV and live events.
Thanks for reading.