WWF Superstars 1/23/1988
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Huntsville, AL
1.) Randy Savage defeated Barry Horowitz
2.) Butch Reed & One Man Gang defeated WG Wellington & Ricky Hunter
3.) Ken Patera & Billy Jack Haynes defeated Iron Mike Sharpe & Joe Mirto
4.) Hart Foundation & Danny Davis defeated Sam Houston, Rex King & Van Van Horne
5.) Jim Duggan defeated Steve Lombardi
6.) King Harley Race, Rick Rude & Hercules defeated Jerry Allen, Scott Casey & Lanny Poffo
1. Peggy Sue shared pre-tape comments threatening Miss Elizabeth to not try and steal her man, Honky Tonk Man from her.
2. Craig DeGeorge hosts the WWF Update segment and goes over the recent British Bulldogs/Islanders feud. Heenan says that they don’t feel any remorse for what has happened to Matilda. We get an update from the Bulldogs who say that Matilda has lost a lot of weight and isn’t the same dog.
3. Don Muraco shared pre-tape comments during the Reed & Gang tag match. From what I could understand he basically told Gang the bigger you are the harder you fall.
4. Craig DeGeorge hypes up a February 9th house show at New Haven. There will be a six man steel cage match between Honky Tonk Man & the Hart Foundation taking on Randy Savage & Strike Force. Hart said they will find out who the better men are inside the cage.
5. Demolition shared pre-tape comments during Patera & Haynes squash match. They told us that they are going to beat in their brains and that 1988 is going to be their year.
6. Craig DeGeorge interviewed Dino Bravo regarding a match on February 9th in New Haven against Hillbilly Jim. Bravo said he is going to make an example out of Jim. Rick Rude entered the picture to talk about a match against Koko B. Ware. Rude doesn’t like Koko’s greasy hair or the cologne he wears. Rude is going to party after the match with all the ladies.
7. Footage from SNME on January 2nd is shown where Greg Valentine attacked Koko B. Ware after their match but Brutus Beefcake ran out to make the save and chased Valentine to the backstage area. Beefcake returned and cut off some of Jimmy Hart’s hair!
8. Craig DeGeorge interviewed Ted DiBiase, Andre Giant and Virgil. DiBiase talks about people saying that he failed to get the WWF World Championship. However, he has bought Andre the Giant who will get what he wants. Andre says this time he will squeeze Hogan until he wins the championship. Andre will then hand the belt over to DiBiase. DiBiase proclaims that he will be the WWF World Champion!
9. Bad News Brown told us that there is no longer good news bur rather only bad news!
10. To close the show, Craig DeGeorge interviews WWF World Tag Team Champions Strike Force. Tito Santana says that Jimmy Hart will not be able to stick his nose in their match. Santana says they are going to settle things once and for all. Rick Martel is going to take care of the Hart Foundation. Randy Savage shared some thoughts on the cage match saying it is going to be the wildest six man cage match ever!
Not all that exciting of a show this week. The promos by DiBiase and Andre were rather repetitive since there isn’t much depth to the angle. When you have interview segments with the same people every week they are going to repeat themselves. Yeah, so nothing new happened here really just a recap show of what has been going on lately with some squashes thrown in.
Thanks for reading.