WWF Superstars 1/23/1993
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: San Antonio, TX
1.) The Undertaker defeated Dave Silguero
2.) Marty Jannetty defeated Ken Johnson
3.) Papa Shango defeated Rudy Gonzalez
4.) Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Gary Jackson
5.) Kamala defeated Dale Wolfe
1. Vince McMahon announces that because of what happened on last week’s show, Crush will not be competing in the Royal Rumble match.
2. The Undertaker easily took care of Dave Silguero following the tombstone pile driver.
3. WWF Update shows the footage from last week where Crush was attacked by Doink and a fake arm.
4. Marty Jannetty beat Ken Johnson following the Rocker Dropper. During the bout, WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels said that Sherri Martel loves him and will be in his corner at the Royal Rumble.
5. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center. Bam-Bam Bigelow talks about his match against WWF World Champion Bret Hart on 1/29 at MSG. Bigelow says that he is all business and that Hart will not keep the championship. WWF World Champion Bret Hart says the issues in Somalia breaks his heart and needs everyone to show up on 1/29 to help him against Bam-Bam Bigelow.
6. Papa Shango won his match against Rudy Gonzalez following a reverse shoulder breaker.
7. Raymond Rougeau introduces WWF World Champion Bret Hart for an interview. Razor Ramon quickly breaks up the interview showing up on the big screen. Razor says that he had fun beating up Owen and if he saw Bret’s dad on the street he would slap him in the face. Razor takes anything he wants and he wants the WWF World Championship. Bret calls Razor gutless and challenges him to come out for a fight. However, Ramon declines the offer saying no one tells him to do anything.
8. Bam-Bam Bigelow picked up another win over Gary Jackson following a diving head butt.
9. Mean Gene hosts the Royal Rumble Report. We hear from Yokozuna, Mr. Perfect, Bob Backlund and Ric Flair regarding the Rumble match. Mr. Fuji says that Yokozuna has never been knocked off his feet and will go to WrestleMania to win the championship. Mr. Perfect says he will win the Rumble because he is perfect. Backlund says he has waited ten years for this Rumble chance. Ric Flair says he is going to make history again because everything he says is as good as gold.
10. Kamala figured out a way to pin Dale Wolfe following a splash. During the bout, Harvey Wippleman said that Kamala will need to say his prayers when he wrestles Kimchee.
11. Bobby Heenan continues to promote the Narcissis. Heenan believes that Narcissis will send shockwaves around the world when he debuts at the Royal Rumble.
12. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center. We hear from WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels regarding his match against Bob Backlund on 1/29. Michaels respects Backlund but he is dreaming if he thinks he is going to win the title. Mr. Perfect talks about his match against Ric Flair. Perfect says that if Heenan is with Flair he is with a loser and isn’t as smart as he looks!
13. To close the show Jerry Lawler and Randy Savage argue on who will win the Royal Rumble.
Aside from the good segment between Bret and Ramon, nothing much happened on this show. Considering the pay per view is a day there wasn’t any real developments angle wise and was a hard shill for the pay per view and future house show events.
Thanks for reading.