WWF Superstars 1/9/1993
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Green Bay, WI
1.) Kamala defeated Todd Becker
2.) Steiner Brothers defeated Rock Werner & Butch Banks
3.) Lance Cassidy defeated George Petrovsky
4.) The Undertaker defeated Scott Zappa
5.) Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Red Tyler
1. Kamala picked up a pin fall win over Todd Becker. After the match, Kimchee and Harvey Wippleman continued to insult Kamala until Rev. Slick came out. Eventually, Kamala sent Kimchee over the top to the floor and chased Harvey to the backstage area officially turning babyface!
2. WWF Update segment saw Razor Ramon and WWF World Champion Bret Hart share some thoughts regarding their Royal Rumble match. Ramon promises that he is going to beat Bret. While, Bret says he is going to prove he is a good wrestler and fighter.
3. Steiner Brothers successfully competed in tag action picking up a pin fall victory. During the bout, pre-tape comments by the Steiner’s were aired. Scott doesn’t think the WWF is ready for them and Rick thinks the Beverly Brothers will hate them after the pay per view. I didn’t know they liked each other.
4. Raymond Rougeau tries to interview the mystery clown but all the clown does is laugh.
5. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center. We hear from Mr. Perfect regarding his match against Razor Ramon at the Meadowlands. Also, Marty Jannetty discusses his match against WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels at the event.
6. Bobby Heenan hypes up the Narcissis. Heenan says that Perfect will think Narcissis is from another world.
7. Lance Cassidy beat George Petrovskey by pin fall after a running bulldog.
8. Raymond Rougeau welcomes the clown to the podium for an interview. We find out that the clowns name is Doink. Raymond says that no one is laughing because of Doink’s pranks. Doink likes doing tricks and taking their smiles away. Doink sprays Raymond with water and laughs while Raymond leaves.
9. The Undertaker hits the tombstone pile driver on Scott Zappa to win the bout.
10. Royal Rumble 1993 Report with Mean Gene. We hear from WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels who says that there isn’t anyone less deserving for a title shot then Marty Jannetty. We also hear from Jannetty who says he is going to end Michaels career. Mr. Perfect, Yokozuna and Jim Duggan talk about the Royal Rumble match.
11. Bam-Bam Bigelow continues his path of dominance winning his match over Red Tyler following a diving head butt.
12. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center. We hear from WWF World Champion Bret Hart who says he is going to need the fans help and support against Bam-Bam Bigelow at MSG.
This was a fairly eventful match with Kamala during babyface and Doink being formally introduced as a character. These shows are heavily promoting the Perfect/Flair, debut of Narcissis, Hart/Ramon and Jannetty/Michaels. It’s really the same things over and over again.
Overall, since there were some angle advancements I liked the show. It’s a lot better when stuff actually happens.
Thanks for reading.