WWF Superstars 2/20/1988
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Hershey, PA
1.)Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Sika
2.)The Islanders defeated Omar Atlas & Rick Hunter
3.)Dino Bravo defeated Dave Stoudimiere
4.)The Junkyard Dog defeated Ken Johnson
5.)Bad News Brown defeated Phil Newkirk
6.)the Ultimate Warrior defeated King Harley Race by disqualification
1. Sika attacked Bigelow from behind before the bell sounded. Bigelow hammers away on Sika and knocks the big Samoan off his feet with a back elbow. During the match, Slick and One Man Gang shared some thoughts. Slick says that Bigelow’s career will end at Mania and he will allow Bigelow to cut his grass. That’s nice of Slick. Bam-Bam hits a slingshot splash to put Sika away.
2. Mean Gene interviews Jimmy Hart and Greg Valentine about Brutus Beefcake. Hart puts Valentine over as the best and says Valentine will win a match against Brutus on March 16th and win a battle royal on the same show. They keep on saying it’s the Royal Rumble, but it’s just a battle royal. Valentine assures Beefcake that he will not make it past him!
3. Mean Gene interviewed Andre the Giant. Andre talks about beating Hogan in two minutes and beating him at Survivor Series and at the Main Event. Andre won the belt and did whatever he wanted to with it. Andre thinks Jack Tunney is full of bullshit! Ted DiBiase walks into the scene and Andre doesn’t understand why there is a tournament for the belt. Andre says he will win the tournament and give the belt back to DiBiase! Ted cuts a promo saying that the WWF is out to get him and believes the WWF World Championship should be around his waist.
4. Craig DeGeorge interviews Rick Rude and Bobby Heenan. Rude says that the Heenan Family comes out to ringside to protect him from the females. Rude is more than the sexiest man to walk the face of the earth. Heenan puts over Rick’s body and mentions that Rude won the best body award issued by Jesse Ventura. Heenan sets their next goal is for Rick Rude to win the WWF World Championship!
5. Race attacks Warrior prior to the bell and spikes him with a piledriver! Harley doesn’t go for the cover. Warrior fights back with chops and sends Harley over the top to the floor. Warrior comes off the apron to deliver an elbow strike to Race’s head. Warrior hits a clothesline but Hercules runs down to the ring and chokes Warrior with his chain to cause the disqualification! Warrior is dragged back down to the ring as he tried to fight his way back to his feet. Warrior gets up a second time and tosses Hercules to the canvas! Warrior stands tall and twirls the chain to end the segment!
A decent show this time around as it focused more on interviews and angle developments. The promo by Rick Rude was basic and didn’t have much substance to it. They are slowly hyping up WrestleMania since it’s just a tournament. I don’t expect a lot of big things happening on Superstars leading into the big event.
Thanks for reading.