WWF Superstars 3/11/1995
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Augusta, GA
1.) Razor Ramon defeated Mantaur by count-out
2.) Doink the Clown defeated Charlie Hunter
3.) Bob Backlund defeated Ken Raper
4.) Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Bob Holly
1. Jim Cornette cuts a promo saying he has talked to Jeff Jarrett, who allowed a contract to be signed for Razor Ramon to compete against Jarrett for the WWF Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania XI. Cornette brings out Mantaur, who will be wrestling Ramon next.
2. Ramon slaps Mantaur after being shoved several times and the fans popped pretty big for that. Razor focuses his offense on Mantaur’s arm with shoulder blocks. Mantaur misses an elbow drop but catches Razor with a big slam for a two count. Mantaur splashes Razor in the corner, twice. Razor is sent back first into the corner a few times. Mantaur runs into a big boot and Ramon hits a middle rope bulldog for a near win. Ramon ducked a clothesline to scoop slam Mantaur. The Roadie comes down to ringside with the WWF Intercontinental Championship to distract Razor. Ramon puts Mantaur on the top rope and hits a back suplex! Roadie distracts Ramon but Razor tosses Mantaur over the top onto Roadie! Mantaur gets counted out. (*. Nothing good took place here. The count-out must have been done as they weren’t done pushing Mantaur. The fans love the Bad Guy, there is no doubting that.) After the match, Jeff Jarrett comes out and is livid that Ramon has his championship. Jarrett distracts Ramon and Roadie sneaks in to retrieve the belt.
3. A vignette promoting the debut of Jean Pierre Lafitte. He reminds us that he was Quebecer Pierre, but today he comes to us with a different story to tell. Lafitte is angry that his relative gave his gold to help others and was insulted and treated poorly afterward. He will soon begin his revenge with the World Wrestling Federation. “Be aware of the revenge of Jean Pierre Lafitte!” He is playing the role of a pirate.
4. Prior to the main event, Ted DiBiase reveals he has acquired a new member. That man is the recently debuted Kama!
5. Holly hammers away on Bigelow early on and drags Bigelow to the floor to hit a slingshot cross body on the floor! Holly heads to the top rope and hits a flying clothesline! Holly arm drags Bigelow and controls the arm briefly. Bigelow misses a splash in the corner and met with more strikes by Holly. Bigelow plants Holly with a power bomb for a two count. Bigelow tosses Holly across the ring and chokes Holly for a few moments. Holly runs into a knee lift so that Bam-Bam can maintain control of the contest. Bigelow comes off the ropes to deliver a falling head butt a few times. Bigelow tosses Holly to the floor in front of the corporation members. Holly goes for a sunset flip from the apron but sits down on Holly to put an end to that for a near fall. Holly drives Bigelow face first into the canvas and comes off the ropes with a few clotheslines. Sparky hits a couple of dropkicks and a back suplex for a two count. Bigelow drives Holly down with a bulldog to counter a back suplex and wins the match. (**. A decent match to close out the action on Superstars. There was never any doubt considering that Bigelow is the main event at Mania and Holly isn’t even on the card. A few good moments of Holly trying to get the win helped the match.)
It felt like a quick show thanks to two feature matches. Superstars is a hit or miss show for the most part at this point.
Thanks for reading.