WWF Superstars 5/22/1993
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Worcester, MA
1.)The Smoking Gunns defeated Duane Gill & Chris Duffy
2.)Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Jerry Seavey
3.)Crush fought WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels to a double count-out in a KOTR Qualifying Match
4.)Adam Bomb defeated Burt Centeno
5.)Jim Duggan defeated the Brooklyn Brawler
1. This was the debut for the Smoking Gunns on Superstars. Obviously, they won their squash match after Billy back dropped Duffy into Bart who hit a sit down power bomb. It’s a rather impressive finisher.
2. Gorilla Monsoon hosts the WWF Update. Monsoon talks about what happened last Monday on RAW. Marty Jannetty defeated WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels to win the championship and the Kid defeated Razor Ramon in a major upset.
3. Bam-Bam Bigelow is carrying Tatanka’s piece of hair in his plastic bag. He is just rubbing in the fact that he got the better of Tatanka.
4. Mean Gene hosts Face To Face with this week featuring Mr. Perfect and Lex Luger. Perfect and Luger insult each others faces and Luger gets annoyed when he is called a horse face. Naturally, Luger acts like a horse and almost laughs. Perfect is ready for Luger at Madison Square Garden The segment awkwardly ends when Gene asks if Luger’s fan club is going to be there and Luger has no idea what Gene is talking about.
5. Crush uses his power to shove Michaels down into a corner to open the bout. Crush delivers a backbreaker and locks in a bear hug. Crush press slams Michaels after he teases tossing the champ over the top to the floor. Michaels struggles to get anything going as he is clotheslined over the top to the floor. Crush misses a splash in the corner and is knee lifted to the floor by Michaels. Michaels slams Crush face first into the ring steps and shoulder first into the ring post! Crush blocks a super kick in the ring and clotheslines the champ. Michaels runs into a big boot and Crush hits a leg drop. Crush kicks Michaels to the floor and elbows Michaels off the apron into the guard railing. Crush misses a clothesline and crashes to the floor. They begin to brawl on the floor and they are both counted out. That was an enjoyable match. These two had some good chemistry and Crush looked really good. After the match, Crush delivers another back breaker! Crush locks in the Kona Vice just because he can!
6. Johnny Polo introduces a new wrestler competing on Superstars, Adam Bomb! Bomb won his debut match with a power bomb.
A solid episode of Superstars this week with Michaels and Crush putting on an enjoyable little match. Plus, we got two debuts on the program which is always a cool tidbit. So, this gets a thumbs up from me.
Thanks for reading.