WWF Superstars 6/18/1988
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Oakland, CA
1.)The British Bulldogs defeated Terry Gibbs & Barry Horowitz
2.)Big Bossman defeated Louie Spicolli
3.)Bret Hart defeated Jerry Allen
4.)Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Tom Stone
5.)Greg Valentine defeated Ricky Ataki
6.)The Rockers defeated Iron Mike Sharpe & The Intruder
1. Footage from SNME where King Harley Race got hurt after crashing through a table. Race recently had surgery. Bobby Heenan is upset about the injury and announces that he will be looking for a new king. Heenan is going to find a king.
2. Big Bossman shared some pre-tape comments. Slick says it doesn’t matter where it is, all scum will endure hard labor.
3. Jimmy Hart came down to ringside but Jim Neidhart tells him to leave. Jimmy runs away to avoid any conflict.
4. Craig DeGeorge conducted an interview with Rick Rude and Bobby Heenan. Rude wastes no time showing off his body. Rude says Jake ruined the thrill of a lifetime for Cheryl. Rude knows that Cheryl is thinking of him when she kisses Jake at night. Heenan says he has something for Rude. Rick is ready to give someone a Rude Awakening. A female comes up on the podium and Rude kisses her. Rude does his hip moving taunt as he stands over her to end the segment.
5. George Steele has apparently found a new stuffed animal as his friend.
6. Don Muraco comes down to the ring to attack Greg Valentine because Valentine had the figure four on the jobber after the bell rang. Muraco chases after Jimmy Hart to the backstage area. Billy Graham is in the ring to help the jobber. Valentine proceeds to attack Graham! Valentine decks the referee as well. Graham recently had a hip surgery. Valentine locks in the figure four leg lock! Muraco runs down but the damage has been done.
A good episode this week for Superstars. The angle at the end of the show did a great job to put Valentine over as a heel who would do something so wrong by attacking Graham. The angle between Rude/Roberts is going along very well too.
Thanks for reading.