WWF Superstars 6/18/1994
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Erie, PA
1.)Tatanka defeated Dave Criner
2.)Owen Hart defeated Koko B. Ware
3.)WWF World Tag Team Champion the Headshrinkers defeated Curtis Harrison & John Marconi
4.)Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated John Doe
5.)Razor Ramon defeated Tracy Jones
6.)Mabel defeated Nikolai Volkoff by disqualification
1. It’s the last Superstars before the King of the Ring. We get a quick rundown of the tournament and who will be competing against each other.
2. Owen Hart is watching Tatanka’s squash match on the podium and is taunting Tatanka during the match. Jerry Lawler heads over to Owen to interview him during the match. Owen is just scouting the match since he will meet Tatanka at the KOTR. Owen doesn’t need help from his family, unlike Bret Hart.
3. Tatanka watched Owen Hart take on his former partner, Koko B. Ware at the same place that Owen watched him.
4. The Heartbreak Hotel is back with Shawn Michaels and WWF Intercontinental Champion Diesel. Michaels may have the greatest guest on his show this week. Oh, well his guest just so happens to be the WWF Intercontinental Champion Diesel! Diesel says he heard Bret Hart suffering from his attack on Kings Court. Diesel says Bret Hart should bring all his family members down to ringside for the title match. Diesel believes that KOTR will be the last match of Bret Hart’s career. He wants to see the reaction of Bret’s family when he is announced as the new WWF World Champion.
5. Razor Ramon came out during Bigelow’s squash match to scout his opponent at the KOTR. Bigelow did the same thing when Ramon competed moments later.
6. Volkoff attacks Mabel from behind to get the cheap advantage. Volkoff drops Mabel with a big boot and gets a near fall after a knee drop. Mabel sends Volkoff into the corner and hits a shoulder block but Volkoff kicks out before three. IRS runs down and attacks Mabel to cause the disqualification. Nikolai and IRS are beating down Mabel until Tatanka runs down and helps Mabel. Owen Hart sprints down to the ring and attacks Tatanka. Razor Ramon comes down to the ring but Bam-Bam Bigelow is right behind him! They are all brawling in the ring. The show closes with pyro going off. I wonder where 1-2-3 Kid and Jeff Jarrett were for that.
It was just your standard last minute hype show for King of the Ring, really. The promo by Diesel wasn’t all that strong as he didn’t look confident talking on the stick to me. Plus, they tried to make the tournament matches interesting the brawl at the end. The show was just average with nothing overly exciting going on here.
Thanks for reading.