WWF Superstars 6/9/1990
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: LaCrosse, WI
1.)The Hart Foundation defeated the Brooklyn Brawler & The Blue Terror
2.)Ron Garvin defeated Tom Stone
3.)Jake Roberts defeated Tom Burton
4.)WWF Intercontinental Champion Mr. Perfect defeated Jim Powers
5.)Tugboat defeated Paul Diamond
6.)Greg Valentine & the Honkytonk Man defeated Jim Brunzell & Warren Bianchi
1. Mean Gene hosts the WWF Update with the topic of discussion being the recent attack by Earthquake on Hulk Hogan two weeks ago. Tugboat shared his feelings about what happened. Tugboat is really upset over the attack on Hogan and encourages the fans to write in letters to support Hogan. He says that Hogan is thinking of ending it all and stopping Hulkamania. Tugboat begs the fans to send in letters.
2. Rick Martel cut a promo on Ron Garvin during his match and says he is not impressed by Ronnie Garvin.
3. Bad News Brown came out to the ring and attacked Jake Roberts hitting a clothesline after delivering several punches. Brown sends Roberts to the floor and goes towards the snake. Brown grabs a chair and looks to hit the snake bag with it. However, Roberts returned to the ring and tackled Brown to save his buddy Damien! Brown bails to the floor once Roberts gets the snake.
4. This week on the Brother Love Show featured Boris Zhukov as the special guest. Zhukov is going to destroy anyone who will stand in his way. He is very difficult to understand. Zhukov is going to end Nikolai Volkoff for once and for all because he turned against his country. This is just a very basic promo to hype up his issue with Volkoff.
5. Ted DiBiase is in Cobb County, GA. DiBiase cuts a promo on Big Bossman saying that Bossman is not a true prison guard. Some guy says that Bossman wasn’t a fair and honest man. Instead, Bossman use to beat himself and other prisoners at night. DiBiase says Bossman is just a big pile of dirt. We also see Mean Gene interview the same people. However, Gene seems to uncover that DiBiase made the whole thing up!
An average show this week. I liked the promo by DiBiase but to uncover that he made it up fifteen seconds later was kind of a bummer. That should have been dragged out a little bit. There wasn’t too much going on here since we are far away from SummerSlam.
Thanks for reading.