WWF Superstars 9/3/1988
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Wheeling, WV
1.)The Powers of Pain defeated Pete Sanchez & Al Kirkland
2.)Dino Bravo defeated Don Driggers
3.)Jim Duggan defeated Joe Cruz
4.)Bad News Brown defeated Neal Rodgers
5.)Rick Rude defeated Reno Riggins
6.)One Man Gang defeated Tommy Angel
7.)Paul Roma defeated Barry Horowitz
1. Ron Bass cut a promo saying that what Beefcake has done sure has been funny. Bass tells Beefcake he will get the last laugh. Brutus talks about Bass using his spurs on him and tells Ron that it’s not over between them!
2. Jim Duggan cut a promo during Bravo’s match. Duggan is sick and tired of Bravo saying USA is not OK.
3. Bad News Brown cut a promo prior to his match. Brown is undefeated because he was busy kicking butt when he was young. When he wants something he takes it.
4. Craig DeGeorge conducted an interview with the new WWF Intercontinental Champion the Ultimate Warrior! Warrior tells Honkytonk Man to try and come get the championship back from him. Jimmy Hart comes out and begins to distract Warrior. The distraction allows Honkytonk Man to come up from behind and hit Warrior with his guitar! Honky smashes Warrior on the knee and over the head several times. Warrior is laid out on the podium due to the attack!
5. Slick cut a pre-tape promo talking about One Man Gang. Slick reveals that Gang will have a new look very soon.
There wasn’t much discussion about SummerSlam, at all. That is rather surprising to me. The show was alright as the main angle here was Honky’s attack on Warrior. It was nicely done and made Honky look like a badass. Aside from that, there wasn’t much taking place here.
Thanks for reading.