Yearly Review: WWF March 1989
World Wrestling Federation March 1989
WWF World Championship Scene: (currently held by: Randy Savage)
With WrestleMania only one month away, there weren’t any new developments regarding Savage’s feud with Hulk Hogan. Savage kept busy throughout the month by wrestling WWF Intercontinental Champion, the Ultimate Warrior to a count-out finish that would see Savage come out victorious.
WWF Intercontinental Championship Scene: (currently held by: the Ultimate Warrior)
No new developments with his feud against Rick Rude. Warrior would keep busy by wrestling Randy Savage on the house show market but lose by count-out as Rude, just has he had been months earlier, got involved each time.
WWF World Tag Team Championship Scene: (currently held by: Demolition)
Continuing with the trend of no progression in feuds, Demolition just worked with the Powers of Pain on the house show market and would win the bouts by disqualification, mostly.
– It was a very simple month for the World Wrestling Federation. With WrestleMania V only a month away, March was essentially treated as a month full of hype for the big event taking place on April 2nd.
Full card for WWF WrestleMania V:
– For the WWF World Championship: ©Randy Savage defends against Hulk Hogan
– For the WWF Intercontinental Championship: ©the Ultimate Warrior defends against Rick Rude
– For the WWF World Tag Team Championships: ©Demolition defends against Powers of Pain and Mr. Fuji
– Jake Roberts vs. Andre the Giant
– Brutus Beefcake vs. Ted DiBiase
– The Brianbusters vs. Strike Force
– Bad News Brown vs. Jim Duggan
– Ronnie Garvin vs. Dino Bravo
– Mr. Perfect vs. the Blue Blazer (Owen Hart)
– Twin Towers vs. the Rockers
– The Red Rooster vs. Bobby Heenan
– The Hart Foundation vs. Honky Tonk Man and Greg Valentine
– King Haku vs. Hercules
– The Bushwhackers vs. the Rougeau Brothers