Written by: Bob Colling
Extreme Championship Wrestling presents Hardcore TV
From: Philadelphia, PA
1.)Spike Dudley defeated Bubba Dudley
1. ECW Television Champion Bam-Bam Bigelow says that his eye isn’t going to prevent him from beating up Rob Van Dam in Buffalo. He is going to give RVD an extreme beating.
2. Bubba shoves Spike down several times to open the street fight but Spike doesn’t back off and delivers a series of forearm shots. Bubba drives Spike down with a tilt a whirl slam. Bubba uses his strength to hit a back suplex. He is obviously looking like a beast against the smaller Spike. Spike gets out of a sleeper with a jaw breaker. Spike is tossed over the top to the floor. Bubba whacks Spike with a chair on the floor. Spike has been busted open as he is sent into the ring post. Spike fights back with a bulldog on the concrete floor! Spike comes off the apron with a somersault dive! Bubba counters a hurricanrana attempt with a powerbomb out of the corner! Spike drops Bubba face first across a chair set up in the corner and hits the Acid Drop! Spike covers but D-Von breaks up the cover. Big Dick chokeslams Spike. John Kronus runs out and makes the save on Spike. D-Von cuts Kronus off with a clothesline and he is met with a 3-D! Here comes New Jack. Jack gets involved with his typical weapons. Sign Guy Dudley taunts New Jack and is met with a guitar shot as a result. Spike puts Bubba through the table with the Acid Drop to win the match. (**. A cluster of a match, but Spike shows heart and it’s very easy to get behind him.)
3. Outside, Justin Credible cuts a promo saying that he is going to Buffalo and calls Mikey Whipwreck. Credible says that Whipwreck is losing to someone who is just incredible.
4. Backstage, Rob Van Dam, Sabu and Bill Alfonso are cutting a promo. Alfonso says that Bigelow doesn’t have a chance against RVD or Sabu. RVD is talking about both men having the championship if Sabu wins the belt. RVD acknowledges that he has a chance to win the gold if he beats Bigelow. RVD notes that he predicted he would beat Bigelow every time he has wrestled him.
5. Backstage, Blue Meanie is cutting a promo like he is Raven. Nova comes over and talks about how their leader has left ECW twice. Nova says they are injury free in 1998. Nova pokes Meanie in the eye on accident and Meanie low blows him on accident.
6. Backstage, the FBI are in the hallway. Smothers thinks that Bigelow is going to beat RVD but not past Sabu. They are just arguing over the winner of the match.
7. The Triple Threat are cutting a promo. Candido is going nuts saying that he has carried Lance Storm since they won the titles. ECW World Champion Shane Douglas says that Lance Storm couldn’t hold up next to them and that’s why he is not in the Triple Threat. Douglas puts over Bigelow for being a tough guy who beat Taz and Sandman. Douglas continues to talk about Al Snow and the other members don’t want to hear him. Douglas continues to say the Head doesn’t bother him.
8. Sandman says he doesn’t care who has the ECW Television Championship because he is coming for the gold.
An average episode that mainly promoted their show in Buffalo in a few days. The Spike/Bubba match was decent. Again, it was mainly just a hype show it felt like to me.
Thanks for reading.
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.