Written by: Bob Colling
World Championship Wrestling presents Worldwide
From: Orlando, FL
1.)Alex Wright defeated Butch Long
2.)Jim Duggan defeated Ned Brady
3.)Bunkhouse Buck & Arn Anderson defeated Joey Maggs & Kenny Kendall
4.)Nasty Boys defeated Tony Mella & Ricky Santana
5.)Sting defeated Bobby Eaton
1. Mean Gene interviewed The Butcher and Kevin Sullivan. Butcher says he had Hogan beaten at Starrcade ’94. However, it was a conspiracy to screw him over at the event by everyone. They are wrestling Hogan and Randy Savage at Clash of Champions. Sullivan tells us they are going to get payback for what Savage did to them.
2. Nick Bockwinkel reveals that Sting will wrestle Avalanche at the Clash of the Champions. Plus, there will be a special referee… the Guardian Angel!
3. Mean Gene talked to Avalanche and Kevin Sullivan. Avalanche says that Angel will not affect the outcome between himself and Sting at the Clash. Avalanche thinks Sting squeaked his way to avoid a loss. Sullivan’s fear is that Sting will survive but knows that Avalanche will get the job done.
4. The main event this week is a match you’d probably see several times throughout 1992. Eaton is no longer in a top heel faction, though. Sting tosses Eaton out of the corner but the match is off to a slow start. Sting monkey flips Eaton as Bobby runs the ropes. Eaton gets some offense in with a series of strikes in the corner but that doesn’t last long at all. Sting with a flurry of offense and hits a dropkick. Eaton hits a scoop slam before heading to the top rope. Sting gets up and slams Eaton in midair to win the match. (*. Well, that was a really simple and boring match. I mean seriously, they hardly did anything it felt like. A squash for the now third top face in the promotion.)
5. Mean Gene interviews Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage to close the show. Hulk is calling themselves the Monster Maniacs. Hogan could feel the power of the Monster Maniacs at Starrcade. Savage chimes in and says they are going to be more intense. They are going to prove to Butcher and Sullivan that they aren’t at their level.
Well, that was a quick show but also quite boring. The main event was really lame and boring. A thumbs down for Worldwide to kick off the year.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.