WCW Worldwide 4/16/1995
Written by: Bob Colling
World Championship Wrestling presents Worldwide
From: Orlando, FL
1.) Meng defeated Bill Payne
2.) Jim Duggan defeated Sledgehammer McGill
3.) Frank Anderson defeated Manny Fernandez
4.) Big Bubba Rogers defeated Kenny Kendall
5.) Stars & Stripes defeated Dino Casanova & Romeo Valentino
6.) WCW Television Champion Arn Anderson fought Alex Wright to a time limit draw
1. Mean Gene hypes up Slamboree and the tag team title match between Harlem Heat and the Nasty Boys. We hear from the Nasty Boys, who will have their last shot at the titles at the event. Sags says they have right where they want the champs and believes the belts will be coming around their waist. Knobbs is confident that they will be three time champs and they will keep the straps.
2. Frank Anderson is from Sweden. This would be a one-time appearance for the wrestler in WCW that I’m aware of.
3. Butcher and Kevin Sullivan cut a promo saying that next week they will wrestle Stars and Stripes. Bagwell and Patriot will see what they are all about.
4. WCW World Tag Team Champions Harlem Heat and Sherri meet up with Mean Gene to talk about the Nasty Boys. Sherri says they are accustomed to beating up the Nasty Boys. Stevie Ray thinks they are the best the pro wrestling business has to offer and they will win one more time.
5. Wright basically had Arn pinned on the show two weeks ago in a tag match. Schiavone also lets us know that Wright and Anderson are meeting at Slamboree for the title. Arn yanks Wright down by the hair early on and is warned by the referee to not do that again. Wright botches a kip up but gets a near fall with a cross body. Arn bails to the floor after a couple of uppercuts. They seem to be off working together as they messed up an arm drag spot after Wright got out of an arm lock with kip ups. Arn avoids a kick and drives Alex knee first into the canvas before wrapping Alex’s leg around the ring post. There is two minutes left in the match, according to the ring announcer. Arn misses an attack in the corner and Wright hits a dropkick and backdrop. Alex with a series of uppercuts but Arn fights back with jabs in the corner. Alex hits a top rope twisting cross body for a near fall. Arn kicks out of a roll up and goes to the floor as the time limit expires. (*1/2. There were a few spots where they didn’t work all that well together. Wright’s quick pace didn’t seem to mesh with Arn’s style, at least at first. However, there is a promising match somewhere between these two.)
Not an awful show this week. The squash match with Stars and Stripes was actually a fun one to sit through. Dino and Romeo are some good bump guys and do their job very well. That’s about it.
Thanks for reading.
Bob Colling Jr. View All
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.
Leave a Reply