Written by: Bob Colling
World Championship Wrestling presents Thunder
From: Little Rock, AR
1.)WCW Hardcore Champion Reno defeated Kwee Wee in a hardcore match
2.)Buff Bagwell defeated MI Smooth
3.)Ernest Miller & Ms Jones defeated Mike Sanders & Leia Meow
4.)Vampiro defeated Big Vito
5.)Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Lash LeRoux defeated Lance Storm & Elix Skipper
6.)Sean O’Haire defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. & Disco Inferno
7.)WCW World Champion Booker T, Goldberg & Sting defeated Jeff Jarrett & Kronik
1. Reno was able to retain his championship over the split personality wrestler known as Kwee Wee. Reno won the bout after hitting the Roll of the Dice. After the match, Reno hit the move on Paisley as well. Reno looked to suplex Big Vito through a table but A-Wall made the save.
2. Backstage, Buff Bagwell says he didn’t knock up Stacy Keibler and they are simply just friends.
3. The Natural Born Thrillers make their way down to the ring with the Wolfpac music since Kevin Nash is associated with them. Nash thinks the Thrillers are the future of the company and he calls out Shawn Stasiak. Nash acts like he is going to get spanked for being in trouble and Palumbo put a chair in the way to prevent that from actually happening.
4. Bagwell took care of MI Smooth rather easily after hitting the Blockbuster. After the match, David Flair ran down and tried to attacked Buff but that didn’t work out so well.
5. Tony Schiavone talked to Goldberg recently. Goldberg talked about how great the Australian tour was. Goldberg is happy about the stipulation that he needs to match his record of wins before a loss because it means he has a reason to win or he will be fired. He also plugged his book. That’s about it.
6. A fine back and forth match between Vito and Vampiro. Vampiro managed to block a kick from Vito and hit the Nail in the Coffin to win the match.
7. Chavo gets hit by a flag that Major Gunns had and Lance Storm nearly rolled Chavo up for the win but Chavo was able to roll through and pin Storm instead.
8. Sean O’Haire was able to earn himself a good win over Disco Inferno and Rey Jr. after hitting a springboard senton bomb on Inferno.
9. The main event saw the babyface team prevail after Sting was able to drop Jarrett with the Scorpion Death Drop. After the match, Scott Steiner is beating up Booker with a lead pipe, Jarrett has a figure four on Sting and Kronik is double teaming Goldberg. Those are your three “big” matches for Havoc.
Not too bad of a show leading into Havoc. I liked that the heels got the better of the babyfaces to close the show. I think that’s a solid booking way to sell the pay per view. It wasn’t great, but it wasn’t a bad show by any means this week.
Thanks for reading.
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.