Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Huntsville, AL
1.) WWF Intercontinental Champion Honky Tonk Man defeated Omar Atlas
2.) The Ultimate Warrior defeated Terry Gibbs
3.) Dino Bravo defeated SD Jones
4.) The Islanders defeated Scott Casey & Lanny Poffo
5.) Bad News Brown defeated Brady Boone
6.) Demolition defeated Outback Jack & Jerry Allen
7.) Jake Roberts defeated Dusty Wolfe
1. Randy Savage shared some pre-tape comments regarding his match with the Honky Tonk Man on Friday night. Savage tells us that Elizabeth will be the manager of the next WWF Intercontinental Champion!
2. Craig DeGeorge promotes the February 5th event that will see all three major WWF championships on the line. Footage of Honky shoving Elizabeth to the canvas was shown. Craig also promotes the Hogan vs. Andre bout to take place on February 5th. Pre-tape comments by DiBiase is aired. He says that this Friday is the night that he gets the WWF World Championship. DiBiase says that Andre is the hook who will grab the championship for him.
3. Hercules shared pre-tape comments during Ultimate Warrior’s match saying that he has to prove to Hercules how tough he is.
4. Mean Gene interviews Randy Savage and WWF World Tag Team Champions Strike Force regarding the six man tag match against Honky Tonk Man and the Hart Foundation. Savage has good backup in the tag champs Strike Force. Santana assures Savage that they will take care of the Hart Foundation and Honky Tonk will have nowhere to go!
5. The British Bulldogs give us an update on Matilda. They told us that Matilda has been getting better and they appreciate the cards sent by fans.
6. Mean Gene interviews WWF Intercontinental Champion Honky Tonk Man and the Hart Foundation. Neidhart says it takes a lot of guts to get in the cage. Bret Hart admits he doesn’t want to be in a steel cage match. Bret says they are going to injure Strike Force. Honky says if he were to hit the cage he may not be able to sing, dance or play his guitar ever again.
7. Bad News Brown made his debut this week and made it clear that he will not give out any mercy towards his opponents. After all, he learned that on the streets of Harlem.
8. Craig DeGeorge introduces WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan for an interview. Hogan says he would never sellout and talks about Andre selling out to Bobby Heenan and now selling out to DiBiase. Hogan wants the rematch because of the controversial three count during their match at Mania III.. Hogan would put all his assets towards all his fans to combat DiBiase putting all his money on Andre to get the job done.
9. Craig DeGeorge interviews Dino Bravo regarding his match against Hillbilly Jim in New Haven on February 9th. Bravo wants to beat Hulk Hogan for the WWF World Championship and says that Hillbilly Jim is just the wrong man in the wrong place.
10. To close the show we hear final comments from DiBiase and Andre. DiBiase believes Andre is the guy who will give him what he wants. Andre says he is going to beat Hogan one, two, three and then give DiBiase the WWF World Championship!
Once again, nothing new here to see. I’m hoping that after the big show the angles will be fresher and not no repetitive. It seems as if they are only promoting three or four angles at the moment. I must admit, though, that they did a good job in promoting the Hogan/Andre match.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.