Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Omaha, NE
1.)Rick Rude defeated Scott Colton
2.)Greg Valentine & the Honkytonk Man defeated Troy Williams & George Anderson
3.)Jake Roberts defeated Spike Jones
4.)Power & Glory defeated Warren Bianchi & Red Tyler
1. Prior to his squash match, Rick Rude cut a promo. He is confident that he will be the next WWF World Champion.
2.J immy Hart, Honky and Valentine talk about the Legion of Doom. They aren’t afraid of LOD and they don’t feel like LOD will impact them in the WWF!
3. Another vignette promoting Sgt. Slaughter is shown. Slaughter is still mad about the fans endorsing Nikolai Volkoff. It makes him sick to see Volkoff wanting peace. Slaughter is declaring war on Nikolai Volkoff and the fans who support him.
4. ikolai Volkoff is with several boy scouts and they give him a badge and an American flag. They are really pushing him as a babyface. Volkoff is actually crying.
5. Bad News Brown shared some thoughts during Jake’s squash match. Brown is with his rats and doesn’t want them to be woken up before SummerSlam. He thinks that the rats will eat Damien and attack Big Bossman.
6. Brother Love’s guests this week are the WWF World Tag Team Champions Demolition. Love likes the last time the champs were on the show because they attacked the Hart Foundation. Their match at SummerSlam will be a two out of three falls match. Ax refers to the Hart’s as cry babies because they make excuses and want stipulations. Crush chimes in and says they have the unknown factor. Smash taunts them saying they don’t know which two of them they will be wrestling. Brother Love brings up the Legion of Doom. Ax says that LOD is next on their hit list. Crush thinks their wish will be their worst nightmare. Smash wants them to ask them for a fight. They are going to have a victory celebration and it will be for Brother Love.
7. Power and Glory shared comments about facing the Rockers at SummerSlam. The Rockers will be feeling the power and they will have all the glory!
Not a bad edition of Superstars this week. They are still doing a fine job promoting SummerSlam, in my opinion. I think the Volkoff stuff won’t last as it’s just corny. I’d imagine he would be a jobber to Sgt. Slaughter, really. The team of Hercules and Paul Roma is rather entertaining. There is just something about them that I enjoy. I’ll give this weeks edition a mild thumbs up.
Thanks for reading.