Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Bushkill, PA
1.)Men on a Mission defeated Duane Gill & Barry Hardy
2.)Davey Boy Smith defeated Bam-Bam Bigelow
3.)Kwang defeated Ben Jordan
4.)Bob Holly defeated Unknown
5.)The Heavenly Bodies defeated Tyrone Knox & an Unknown
6.)Aldo Montoya defeated Reno Riggins
1. This is the return of Mo, who was out for several months with an injury. Mabel’s singles run didn’t really amount to anything in 1994, but that would change a year later.
2. It is announced that Diesel is the number one contender to the WWF World Championship. Also, it is announced that Bret Hart will be unable to wrestle Bob Backlund at Madison Square Garden and Diesel will be taking on Backlund instead.
3. WWF World Champion Bob Backlund cut a promo saying it is a glorious day and the championship is back in the proper hands. Bob believes he has been champion since 1978. Backlund believes he rules the world. Bob tells the fans that they have a man they can look up to. This promo is just so bizarre that it just comes across really poorly. It’s as if Backlund has no idea what he is supposed to be promoting.
4. Diesel shared some comments after Backlund got done rambling. Diesel says he has dominated the WWF since he walked into the WWF. Diesel isn’t buying into Backlund as champion. He is confident that he will beat Backlund and be the leader of the New Generation. Diesel puts over the United States as the best country ever!
5. This week we have a nice feature match on paper. Bigelow hammers away on Smith early on controlling him with a clothesline. Smith comes out of the corner with a clothesline of his own to turn the advantage into his favor. Bigelow blocks being scoop slammed with a headbutt and sends Smith to the floor. Bigelow brings Smith back into the ring from the apron with a vertical suplex for a near fall. Smith attempts a scoop slam but DiBiase trips Smith only for the referee to see that and calls for the bell. Bigelow has been disqualified. After the match, Bigelow fails at attacking Smith and is kicked to the floor by Smith. (*1/2. Well, that finish was out of nowhere and executed rather poorly. These two could have had a solid match, but they wasn’t about to happen on free television.)
6. A video promoting the debut of Henry Goodwin is shown. Goodwin is a pig farmer. Henry says he is the ugliest hog of them all.
7. IRS gives his final graveyard tax tip. He says he has something much more to audit. He is going to audit the Undertaker!
A really good episode this week that promoted what we will be seeing to close out the year rather well. I’m not sure how anyone could possibly buy into Backlund holding his own against Diesel. A feud between IRS/Taker is likely to be one sided as well, though IRS has done a decent job hyping it up. I’m going to give this one a thumbs up.
Thanks for reading.