Rebooking The WWF: Week 17, 1993
On RAW, the King of the Ring tournament continues with Doink taking on Owen Hart. WWF World Champion Bret Hart talks about Bam-Bam Bigelow. On Superstars, Bret competes in singles action against IRS. On Wrestling Challenge, Ric Flair reveals whether or not Mr. Perfect will get another shot at him. Plus, much more!
WWF RAW 4/26/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. The Headshrinkers defeated Virgil/Jim Powers in 3:03 when Fatu pinned Powers following a top rope big splash. After the match, the Nasty Boys come down to the ring and attack the Headshrinkers with trash cans which have little effect. All four men brawl until security and officials break them up, again.
2. Bret Hart Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with WWF World Champion Bret Hart. McMahon brings up Hart’s conflicts with Bam-Bam Bigelow in recent weeks. Hart knows that Bigelow is a tough big guy, but that doesn’t mean that Hart can’t beat him. Hart is completely aware of what Bigelow did to the Undertaker at WrestleMania IX, but notes that Bigelow had to use fire. Hart says that nothing can keep him down and that no matter what Bigelow does, Hart will fight back with everything he has. McMahon notes that Hart will be teaming with the Steiner Brothers to compete against Bam-Bam Bigelow and the WWF World Tag Team Champions Money Inc. at Saturday Night’s Main Event on May 15th. Hart finishes off by saying that he couldn’t have asked for better partners and assures the fans that they will come out on top at the SNME show and that he will defeat Bam-Bam Bigelow in a future title match!
3. Crush defeated Russ Greenberg in 0:53 with the Kona Vice.
4. The Mountie defeated Scott Taylor in 1:47 following a pile driver. During the contest, pre-tape comments from Mountie are shown. Mountie believes that at SNME he will zap his way to winning the WWF Intercontinental Championship!
5. Kings Court w/Razor Ramon: Jerry Lawler interviewed Razor Ramon this week for Kings Court. Ramon talks about the King of the Ring and how he is going to add more gold to his collection. First, he will win the King of the Ring and go to Summer Slam to win the WWF World Championship. Ramon finishes off by saying that no one can stop him from winning the WWF World Champion, chico!
6. Shawn Michaels defeated Max Moon in 2:25 following a super kick.
7. Owen Hart defeated Doink the Clown in 8:33 following a missile dropkick to advance in the 1993 King of the Ring tournament.
WWF Superstars 5/1/1993
1. Rick Martel defeated Terry Austin in 1:24 with the Boston Crab.
2. Lex Luger Interview: Luger shared some pre-tape comments regarding the King of the Ring. Luger continues to assure the WWF fans that he will be winning the tournament and will win the WWF World Championship at Summer Slam. Luger wants the fans to accept the fact that he is the greatest specimen they have ever seen and accept the fact that they will be forced to call him the WWF World Champion!
3. Steiner Brothers defeated Mike Bell/Mike Sharpe in 1:35 when Scott pinned Bell.
4. Jeff Jarrett Vignette: Jarrett continues his vignettes this week by saying that in two weeks his path to wrestling greatness begins!
5. Yokozuna defeated Glenn Ruth 0:51 following the Bonsai Drop.
6. WWF World Champion Bret Hart defeated IRS in 6:58 in a non-title match with the Sharpshooter. After the bout, Bam-Bam Bigelow tried to attack Hart but failed. The Steiner Brothers and Ted DiBiase all ended up coming down to the ring to start a brawl until they were all pulled apart by officials.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 5/2/1993
1. Big Bossman defeated George South in 1:44 following a side walk slam.
2. Randy Savage Video: A video going over the career highlights of Randy Savage is shown. The video really hypes up Savage’s quest for one last run as the WWF World Champion. Can Savage achieve his goal of winning the WWF World Championship one last time?
3. WWF Intercontinental Champion Tatanka defeated Mike Bucci in 1:38 following a Samoan Drop.
4. Money Inc. Interview: Jim Ross conducted a interview with the WWF World Tag Team Champions, Money Inc. Ross brings up the no disqualification match at King of the Ring against the Steiner Brothers for the titles. DiBiase is not happy about this but reminds Ross that they defeated those morons at WrestleMania IX when everyone thought they would lose to the Steiner’s. DiBiase believes that with the rules now thrown out the window, that they will end the careers of the Steiner Brothers!
5. Mr. Perfect defeated Repo Man in 3:06 following the Perfect Plex. During the bout, Ric Flair shared some pre-tape comments where he said that there is no reason for greatness like himself to lower himself down to the level of Mr. Perfect. Thus, Mr. Perfect will not be getting any form of a rematch with the Nature Boy! WOOO!
6. Razor Ramon defeated Reno Riggins in 1:13 following the Razors Edge.