On RAW, WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels riles up a veteran in the WWF. Plus, WWF World Champion Bret Hart defends against Rick Martel. On Superstars, Bam-Bam Bigelow has a confrontation with Paul Bearer. Is the Undertaker close by? All this and more this week in Rebooking The WWF!
WWF RAW 6/21/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. The Natural Disasters defeated Jim Powers/Mike Bell in 1:54 when Earthquake pinned Powers following a sit down splash.
2. Kings Court with Shawn Michaels: Jerry Lawler rips on the crowd to start off the segment before introducing the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Shawn Michaels and his mystery bodyguard. Lawler gives Michaels props for beating Tatanka and says that Michaels is the perfect Intercontinental Champion. Michaels gloats about having the championship back around his waist and says that he has the biggest and baddest backup to allow him to keep the championship for a very long time. This leads to Lawler asking about the bodyguard noting that he has been in the WWF for a week and we don’t know his name or anything. Michaels decides that since he is on a respected show like the Kings Court, he will give Lawler the scoop. He says that the man next to him is the most powerful big man in the business today. He runs a different kind of fuel than everyone else. “You see King, this man runs on DIESEL fuel.” Lawler hypes up the man named Diesel for a few moments. Lawler mentions Randy Savage getting involved with Michaels issues with Tatanka last week. Michaels talks directly to Savage, who is sitting at the broadcast table. Michaels claims to be the greatest WWF Intercontinental Champion putting Savage to shame. Michaels warns Savage to stay behind the broadcast table and to not get in his way ever again.
3. Razor Ramon defeated Randy Jackson in 1:30 following the Razors Edge. After the bout, Ramon tried to deliver another Razors Edge, but Marty Jannetty ran down and made the save by dropkicking Ramon over the top to the floor.
4. Jack Tunney Interview: Tunney announces that on July 17th, WWF will be holding Saturday Night’s Main Event number thirty four. He also announces two matches that have been signed for the show. He states that Crush and Yokozuna have agreed to have their match at the show instead of at SummerSlam because “they can’t wait any longer to defend the honor of their countries.” Also, a huge tag team main event is announced as WWF World Champion Bret Hart teams with Mr. Perfect against Lex Luger and Ric Flair!
5. IRS defeated Dave Jacobs in 2:04 following a lariat.
6. Randy Savage Interview: Vince McMahon interviews Savage regarding what Michaels said earlier. Savage tells McMahon that he isn’t going to be intimidated by a young punk like Shawn Michaels. Savage hints at wanting a match with Michaels to show Michaels that he isn’t the greatest WWF Intercontinental Champion and that Savage can still hang with the young men in the WWF.
7. WWF World Champion Bret Hart defeated Rick Martel to retain the title in 7:16 with the Sharpshooter. During the bout, pre-tape comments from Lex Luger were aired. Luger brags about proving to the world that he would win the King of the Ring and is looking forward to August 30th so he can defeat their hero and become the WWF World Champion!
WWF Superstars 6/26/1993
1. WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers defeated Chris Kanyon/PJ Walker in 2:08 when Rick pinned Walker following a top rope bulldog. After the match, the Natural Disasters came down to the ring and challenged the Steiner Brothers to a championship match. The champions proved they are fighting champions as they shook hands with the Natural Disasters giving them an agreement for a match down the line.
2. Ric Flair Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Ric Flair. Flair tells Ross that he is fed up with Mr. Perfect. He says that the tag match on July 17th is fine, but he wants Mr. Perfect one on one in the ring to settle this once and for all. Flair wants Perfect to remember that he has never beaten the Nature Boy and when they meet again, he will have to live with the fact that he will never be as good as him. WOOOO!
3. Doink the Clown defeated Virgil in 3:15 following the Whoopee Cushion.
4. Paul Bearer/Bam-Bam Bigelow Confrontation: Vince McMahon conducts an interview with Paul Bearer. Bearer says that his Undertaker is on his way back to the WWF with his target being Bam-Bam Bigelow. Before he can continue though, Bam-Bam Bigelow enters the ring intimidating both McMahon and Bearer. Bigelow grabs Bearer and says that the Undertaker is never coming back because he is afraid of him. He wants Bearer to send the Undertaker a message and looks to power slam Bearer but the lights go out. Smoke ends up surrounding the ring and Bigelow lets go of Bearer to look around for the Undertaker. Bigelow yells for the Undertaker to show his face to end the segment.
5. Kamala defeated Mike Bucci in 2:07 following a big splash.
6. Ted DiBiase defeated Max Moon in 5:03 with the Million Dollar Dream.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 6/27/1993
1. Mr. Perfect defeated Joe Johnson in 2:25 following the Perfect Plex
2. Crush Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Crush, who cam out waving an American flag. Crush tells McMahon and the fans that he will not be defeated by Yokozuna and he will do America proud at Saturday Night’s Main Event on July 17th!
3. The Quebecers defeated Terry Austin/Steve Homer in 2:17 when Pierre pinned Austin.
4. Jeff Jarrett defeated George South in 2:06 following a jumping double arm DDT. During the bout, pre-tape comments from Owen Hart were aired. Hart says that Jarrett messed with his family and that he isn’t going to let Jarrett off easy. Hart wants to be the guy who shuts Jarrett’s mouth!
5. Smoking Gunns Hype Video: Billy and Bart are shown competing in a rodeo and shooting cans off a fence. Billy says that they are going to be “shooting their way up to the top of the WWF tag team division” believing that when given the opportunity, they will be champions!
6. Tatanka defeated Beau Beverly in 6:09 following a Samoan Drop. During the bout, Shawn Michaels and his bodyguard Diesel stood at the top of the aisle way trying to distract Tatanka.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.