Rebooking The WWF: Week 26, 1993
The WWF reaches the midway point of 1993 as WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels defends the championship against Mr. Perfect on RAW. Plus, Yokozuna has an announcement regarding July 4th. On Superstars, the Quebecers compete in tag team action against the Nasty Boys! All this and much more this week in the Rebooking The WWF!
WWF RAW 6/28/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Razor Ramon defeated Brian Costello in 1:28 following the Razors Edge. During the bout, pre-tape comments from Ramon were aired where Ramon said that Jannetty made a huge mistake attacking him last week. Ramon is going to show Jannetty why he has the “Bad Guy” moniker
2. Kings Court w/ Yokozuna: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Yokozuna, Jim Cornette and Mr. Fuji. McMahon hypes up a big announcement that Cornette is going to share tonight. Cornette notes how Yokozuna has never been slammed to the mat by anyone in the WWF. Cornette believes that Yokozuna can not be lifted off his feet and is willing to put his own money on the line to prove this point. Cornette says that this Sunday, which is July 4th, the WWF is going to be on the USS Intrepid in New York and dares anyone to come down and try to body slam Yokozuna. McMahon asks when someone slams Yokozuna, how much money will they get. Cornette tells McMahon that Yokozuna isn’t going to be slammed, but if somehow Yokozuna is slammed, Cornette will give up $25,000. Cornette also hypes up Yoko’s flag match against Crush on July 17th and says that Yoko will stand tall on both the 4th and the 17th proving that Yokozuna is better than all the Americans!
3. WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers defeated Joey Maggs/Mike Bucci in 2:05 when Scott pinned Maggs following a Frankensteiner. During the bout, pre-tape comments from the Natural Disasters were aired. They stated that they will do whatever it takes to get their WWF World Tag Team Championships back! They plan on squashing the Steiner’s.
4. Ted DiBiase defeated Koko B. Ware in 4:11 with the Million Dollar Dream.
5. Tatanka Interview: Pre-tape comments from Tatanka were aired. Tatanka is focused on getting his revenge on Shawn Michael’s bodyguard Diesel for costing him the WWF Intercontinental Championship, something that he had worked very hard to win. Tatanka knows he has the fans support and he will be able to overcome the odds and defeat Diesel and win back the WWF Intercontinental Championship.
6. Owen Hart defeated Russ Greenberg in 2:44 following a missile dropkick.
7. WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels defeated Mr. Perfect by count-out in 6:15 when Ric Flair attacked Perfect on the floor and put him in the figure four leading to the count-out. Michaels got a few cheap shots in on Perfect until Savage ran down with a chair and hit Michaels across the back while Flair fled to the backstage area.
WWF Superstars 7/3/1993
1. Rick Martel defeated the Kamikaze Kid in 2:19 with the Boston Crab.
2. Lex Luger Interview: Pre-tape comments from Lex Luger were aired. Luger is working out in a gym getting prepared for his WWF World Championship match over a month away. Luger shows off his body and tells the fans and WWF World Champion Bret Hart that come August 30th, he will be leaving as the WWF World Champion because he will be unbeatable.
3. Jerry Lawler defeated Virgil in 2:06 following a pile driver.
4. Marty Jannetty Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Marty Jannetty. Jannetty made it clear that he isn’t going to let Razor Ramon bully people around. Jannetty calls Ramon a “greased up fool”. Jannetty isn’t afraid of the challenge as he has beaten much bigger and better wrestlers before and will do the same when he squares off against Ramon in the future!
5. Randy Savage defeated Barry Hardy in 2:24 following a top rope elbow drop.
6. The Quebecers defeated the Nasty Boys in 8:10 when Pierre pinned Knobbs after a top rope senton splash.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 7/4/1993
1. The Headshrinkers defeated Steve Karlson/Jonah Reese in 2:54 when Samu pinned Karlson.
2. Bam-Bam Bigelow/Undertaker Hype Video: A video hyping up the feud between Bigelow and Taker is shown. Footage from Wrestle Mania IX is aired as well as Bigelow nearly attacking Bearer before the lights went out last week and smoke appeared around ringside. The end of the video has comments from both Bearer and Bigelow. Bearer assures Bigelow that the Undertaker will be returning and he will reveal when that will be, on RAW. Bigelow says that he doesn’t believe Bearer and that he has taken Taker out of the WWF for good!
3. Ric Flair defeated Mike Bell in 1:38 with the figure four leg lock. During the bout, Mr. Perfect called in and says that on RAW tomorrow night he will officially issue his challenge to Ric Flair, and it is indeed the perfect way to find out who is the better man.
4. Steiner Brothers Interview/Attack: Jim Ross conducted an interview with the WWF World Tag Team Champions. Scott says that they have accepted the Natural Disasters challenge because they aren’t intimidated by their large frame. Rick says “the larger they are, the harder they fall.” Before they can continue the interview, the Natural Disasters run over and begin to attack the champions. They power slam the champions and deliver stereo splashes. The Natural Disasters pickup the WWF World Tag Team Championships and pose with them as the fans boo loudly.
5. Crush defeated Jim Powers in 2:17 with the Kona Vice.
6. Jim Neidhart defeated Doink the Clown by disqualification in 5:37 when Jeff Jarrett came down and low blowed Neidhart. Owen Hart ran down to make the save once again.
WWF @ USS Intrepid 7/4/1993 (New York, NY)
Several wrestlers and athletes ended up showing up to the USS Intrepid to attempt to power slam the monstrous Yokozuna. Here are the results of the attempts…
1.) Lee Rouson failed
2.) Peter Talingati failed
3.) Scott Burrell failed
4.) Bill Fradie failed
5.) Randy Savage failed
6.) Crush failed
7.) Scott Steiner failed
8.) Rick Steiner failed
9.) Tatanka failed
Jim Cornette believed that everyone had failed at slamming his man. However, a muscular African American man jumped into the ring and demanded he have a shot at slamming Yokozuna. Cornette ended up telling security to allow the man to try and slam Yokozuna, but wanted to know his name. The man ended up being… Ron Simmons! Simmons had a stare down with Yokozuna before successfully power slamming Yokozuna! Cornette couldn’t believe it and Yokozuna rolled to the floor freaking out as new comer Ron Simmons celebrated with everyone on the USS Intrepid!
Bob Colling Jr. View All
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.
Leave a Reply