Rebooking The WWF: Week 27, 1993
On RAW, WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels and Diesel take on Randy Savage and Tatanka. Plus, Ron Simmons is a guest on the Kings Court. On Superstars, Bret Hart is interviewed regarding SummerSlam. On Wrestling Challenge, Savage issues a challenge!
WWF RAW 7/5/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Crush defeated Andy Swanson in 2:03 with the Kona Vice.
2. Kings Court w/Ron Simmons: Jerry Lawler introduces the newest superstar to join the World Wrestling Federation, Ron Simmons. Yesterday afternoon, Simmons was able to power slam Yokozuna on the USS Intrepid. Simmons is greeted with a warm reception from the fans as Lawler chimes in to tell him that he believes what Simmons did yesterday afternoon was unfair. Simmons tells Lawler to shut his trap, which got a good ovation. He says that Yokozuna has been storming around the World Wrestling Federation taking out his fellow Americans and Simmons isn’t going to let that happen anymore. He brings up the flag match between Crush and Yokozuna at Saturday Nights Main Event on July 17th. Simmons says he is going to be in Crush’s corner to make sure that he gets his fair shot and to prevent Cornette and Mr. Fuji from getting involved. Simmons closes out the interview saying that “in the end, America always win.” He gets a USA chant started while Lawler stands in disgust.
3. Doink the Clown defeated Charles Diamond in 1:38 following the Whoopee Cushion.
4. The Smoking Gunns defeated Duane Gill/Don Williams in 2:56 when Bart pinned Gill.
5. Lex Luger Body Showcase: Bobby Heenan hosted the showcase, which saw Luger showoff his “perfect body” to the WWF fans. Luger did several poses while Heenan told the fans various facts about Luger’s body. Heenan finished off the segment by saying that August 31st at SummerSlam will see Lex Luger put the finishing touches on his perfect body by wearing the WWF World Championship out of the arena!
6. Randy Savage/Tatanka defeated WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels/Diesel in 10:37 when Savage pinned Michaels following a top rope elbow drop while Diesel was brawling with Tatanka on the floor. After the match, Michaels tried to attack Savage but was back dropped over the top to the floor. Savage ended up grabbing Michaels championship and posed with it to end the segment.
7. Mr. Perfect/Ric Flair Confrontation: Vince McMahon hosted the showdown between the former friends and bitter rivals to close out the show. Perfect came out first, looking rather serious, with a contract in hand for SummerSlam. Perfect states that for the past eight months he and Flair have been involved in a very physical feud. He mentions how he won the Royal Rumble but lost to Flair because he is a coward who had to cheat to defeat him. Perfect tells McMahon and the fans that he has a contract here for him to fight Flair on August 31st, but it will not be contested in a regular match. He doesn’t think that is the perfect match. However, before he can say what match it would be, Ric Flair comes down to the ring while several security guys are behind him. Flair enters the ring and grabs the microphone saying that he doesn’t care what the match is, he will sign the contract. So, Flair grabs the contract and blindly signs the contract. Perfect quickly signs as well and gets right in Flair’s face. Perfect tells Flair that he hopes Flair will be ready because he just agreed to compete inside a fifteen foot steel cage! Flair backs off and flips out trying to get the contract to rip it up but McMahon prevents Flair form doing so. Flair charges towards Perfect who is able to backdrop Flair over the top rope and celebrates with the fans for being able to get the match he wanted!
WWF Superstars 7/10/1993
1. Yokozuna defeated Barry Horowitz in 1:05 following the Bonsai Drop.
2. Natural Disasters Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with the Natural Disasters. Earthquake said that he and Typhoon realized that they had become soft and not the mean monsters that they previously had been. They both knew they needed to change and make a statement. He continued by saying that taking out the Steiner Brothers was the best statement to make. Typhoon chimed in by saying that the Steiner Brothers and everyone else in the WWF will see that the Natural Disasters are not to be messed with!
3. Marty Jannetty defeated PJ Walker in 2:55 following the Rocker Dropper.
4. WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers defeated Mike Sharpe/Ron Garson in 2:09 when Scott pinned Sharpe following a Frankensteiner.
5. Bret Hart Interview: Vince McMahon interviewed WWF World Champion Bret Hart this week. McMahon brings up the Body Showcase that Luger had on RAW. Hart laughs at the mention saying that Luger is proving that he isn’t focused enough to beat him on August 31st. Hart tells McMahon that Luger can go around showcasing his “perfect body”, while he is in the ring training for one of the biggest matches of his wrestling career. Hart says he is going to bring Luger back down to earth and reality by making him tap out in the middle of the ring because he is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!
6. Ted DiBiase defeated Max Moon in 5:12 with the Million Dollar Dream.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 7/11/1993
1. Jim Neidhart defeated the Brooklyn Brawler in 4:01 following a running power slam. During the bout, Jeff Jarrett shares some pre-tape comments stating that he is looking forward to the day where he gets to embarrass Neidhart by shaving off the “hideous looking goatee”.
2. Ted DiBiase Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with the Million Dollar Man who is clearly focused on returning to dominance as a singles wrestler. DiBiase tells Ross that he has always found a way to get under peoples skin because of the money that he has they don’t. He brings up how he is the only man to successfully buy the WWF World Championship, but he now wants to win the championship outright. He doesn’t care if Bret Hart retains it or Lex Luger wins it at SummerSlam, at some point in the near future the Million Dollar Man will have the big prize around his waist.
3. Razor Ramon defeated Scott Taylor in 2:43 following the Razors Edge.
4. Owen Hart defeated Mike Bell in 2:52 following a missile dropkick.
5. Randy Savage Interview: Vince McMahon interviewed Randy Savage. Savage mentions how Michaels claimed to the greatest Intercontinental Champion and called him washed up. Savage proceeds to brag about pinning Michaels on RAW following the devastating elbow drop. He believes that in order for Michaels to say he is the greatest WWF Intercontinental Champion, he needs to prove it by beating the Macho Man. Savage finishes the promo off daring Michaels to be a man and accept his challenge!
6. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated the Kamikaze Kid in 2:06 following a diving head butt.
Bob Colling Jr. View All
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.
Leave a Reply