Rebooking The WWF: Week 32, 1993
On RAW, Doink is a guest on Kings Court. Rick Martel squares off against Kamikaze Kid and Owen Hart gets a shot at WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels in a non-title match. On Superstars, Doink wrestles Crush! Lastly, on Wrestling Challenge Diesel and Randy Savage square off as SummerSlam is just a few weeks away!
WWF RAW 8/9/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Ron Simmons defeated Repo Man in 3:17 following a spine buster. During the bout, Jim Cornette called in to talk about how at SummerSlam, Simmons will be just another fallen American Hero as Yokozuna will continue to dominate the WWF scene.
2. Kings Court w/ Doink the Clown: Lawler and Doink are standing in the ring mocking Crush, whom they attacked last week on Kings Court. Doink is sporting a neck brace and a crutch while Lawler rips on the fans for supporting a loser like Crush. Doink chimes in laughing about how the fans were tricked into thinking that Crush would be able to stand up for them only to be left sad and miserable, just the way he likes it. Before they can continue, Crush makes his way down to the ring holding his ribs and is attacked by both Lawler and Doink. Crush fights Doink off before putting the Kona Vice on Lawler but Doink breaks the crutch over CrushÂ’s back again! However, this time Crush isnÂ’t affected and stalks towards Doink who bails to the floor with Lawler! Crush stands on the middle rope screaming that he wants both men in the ring!
3. The Kamikaze Kid defeated Rick Martel in 4:04 by disqualification when Martel refused to let go of the Boston Crab. After the match, Marty Jannetty runs down to dropkick Martel to the floor. Razor Ramon comes down to ringside and catches Jannetty as he tried for a slingshot cross body onto Ramon. Ramon manages to ram Jannetty back first into the ring post and Martel goes back to attacking Kid to close out the segment.
4. Jack Tunney Announcement: Vince McMahon talks to Jack Tunney who has a major announcement regarding the Bigelow vs. Undertaker match at SummerSlam. Tunney says that the fans deserve to know who is truly the better man and believes that the only way for these two to find out who is superior man is have a bout where there is a definite last man standing. Thus, at SummerSlam, they will be competing in a Last Man Standing match where the way you win is by keeping your opponent down for ten seconds. Tunney points out that there are no rules to the match and believes for these two there should be rules in place.
5. WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers defeated Russ Greenberg/Duane Gill in 2:43 when Scott pinned Gill. During the bout, pre-tape comments from the Natural Disasters were aired. Earthquake says that at SummerSlam, the champions will suffer a disaster they can not recover from!
6. SummerSlam 1993 Report: Mean Gene runs down the card and we also get comments from Lex Luger and WWF World Champion Bret Hart. During each of their segments they cut promos stating that their submission hold, the Torture Rack and Sharpshooter, will be the reason why they win/retain the title.
7. WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels defeated Owen Hart in a non-title match in 8:32 following a super kick. During the bout, while on the floor, Michaels tries to super kick Owen but missed and instead hit Randy Savage with a super kick. Following the victory, Savage had recovered and chased Michaels to the backstage area to close the show.
WWF Superstars 8/14/1993
1. Ric Flair defeated Chris Kanyon in 3:09 with the figure four leg lock. During the bout, Mr. Perfect cuts a promo while standing behind a steel cage. Perfect says that he is going to be breaking free from the cage that has kept his career in a stand still. Perfect is ready to beat the man, and will do just that at SummerSlam on August 30th.
2. Paul Bearer/The Undertaker Interview: Paul Bearer does most of the talking as he tells Jim Ross that the stipulation Tunney has added is acceptable. Bearer knows that the Undertaker will not be laid to rest by Bigelow and says Taker is prepared to do whatever it takes to make Bigelow Rest In Piece. Taker chimes in saying that Bigelow should call whatever family and friends he has, because August 30th will be the last they see of him.
3. Tatanka defeated Mark Starr in 2:06 following a Samoan Drop. During the bout, Diesel shared some pre-tape comments insulting Tatanka saying that there is a new bad ass on the block and that he will defeat Tatanka at SummerSlam to prove it.
4. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Jim Powers in 3:51 following a diving head butt.
5. Marty Jannetty/Kamikaze Kid Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with the new tag team where Kid thanks Jannetty for taking him under his wing and having his back as of late. Kid briefly talks about always wanting to be a WWF superstar and being able to achieve that goal. Jannetty says he sees a lot of himself and Kid as they are both underdogs their whole career. Jannetty finishes off saying that Martel and Ramon better take them seriously because they are prepared to fight their bullies!
6. Crush defeated Doink the Clown by disqualification in 6:52 after Jerry Lawler entered the ring to hit Crush with a crutch while Crush had the Kona Vice on Doink.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 8/15/1993
1. Randy Savage defeated Mike Bucci in 3:06 following a top rope elbow drop. During the bout, WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels called in to talk about super kicking Savage on RAW and how it felt so good to knock a Â“so called legendÂ” on his butt. Michaels tells McMahon that he is going to a bigger legend then Savage when he beats the Macho Man at SummerSlam.
2. Jeff Jarrett Interview: Vince McMahon interviewed Jeff Jarrett, who had a piece of Jim NeidhartÂ’s goatee in a plastic bag with him. Jarrett gloats about embarrassing Neidhart by cutting off his facial hair. Jarrett believes that he has made Neidhart slightly less hideous looking. While Jarrett continues to talk, Neidhart sneaks up from behind after coming through the crowd and attacks Jarrett. Neidhart is able to hit a running power slam on Jarrett and shoves his piece of cut off goatee hair down JarrettÂ’s throat. Neidhart gets on the microphone and says that Jarrett just got a taste of his own medicine!
3. Jerry Lawler defeated Koko B. Ware in 4:57 following a pile driver. During the bout, Crush shared some pre-tape comments saying that he will shut LawlerÂ’s mouth and will break Doink in half when he gets a match with both men in the near future.
4. The Quebecers defeated PJ Walker/Glenn Ruth in 3:14 when Pierre pinned Walker.
5. Razor Ramon Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Razor Ramon who joked around about the new best friends the Kamikaze Kid and Marty Jannetty. Ramon says on the streets you donÂ’t have friends, and in the WWF, you donÂ’t buddy up with people. Ramon goes on to say that while he doesnÂ’t like Rick Martel, they have common issue with Jannetty getting involved in their business and they both are looking to make sure that Jannetty and Kid regret getting involved in their business.
6. The Undertaker defeated IRS in 6:34 by disqualification after IRS hit Taker with a steel briefcase. After the match, IRS, DiBiase and Bam-Bam Bigelow beat down Taker until the Smoking Gunns made the save and the lights went out. When they returned, Taker was standing and ended up choke slamming both IRS and DiBiase but Bigelow got away.