With SummerSlam 1993 just around the corner, we see the Natural Disasters on the Kings Court on RAW. Plus, Rick Martel wrestles Mr. Perfect in the main event. On Superstars, number one contender Lex Luger is interviewed. Jeff Jarrett wrestles Owen Hart in the main event. Lastly on Wrestling Challenge, the Steiner Brothers square off against the Beverly Brothers in a non-title match!
WWF RAW 8/16/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Razor Ramon defeated Steve Johnson in 2:56 following the Razors Edge. During the bout, Marty Jannetty called in to talk about how Ramon and Martel will pay for bullying around smaller guys like himself and the Kamikaze Kid at SummerSlam.
2. Kings Court w/Natural Disasters: Lawler started off the segment by making a few rude comments towards Crush saying that Crush would never been seen as royalty but rather just a court jester because he is nothing but a joke! Lawler transitions into the Steiner Brothers who he considers jokes as well. He introduces the number one contenders for the tag titles, the Natural Disasters. Lawler praises the Disasters size and recent dominance, mainly out of fear for himself. He also says that the their size will make it impossible for the Steiner’s to pull off any of their impact moves. Earthquake tells Lawler that even though they aren’t the champions, yet, they have the advantage going in. He feels that their size is too much for the Steiner’s and they will inflict too much pain for the champions to withstand. Typhoon finishes off the promo saying that they are not going to let this chance to get their belts back slip through their fingers. They are big, bad and pissed off!
3. Crush defeated Barry Hardy in 2:14 with the Kona Vice.
4. The Quebecers Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with the Quebecers. Jacques started off the promo saying that they have been dominate over the past several months and believes that the fans need to deal with the facts that they are the toughest tag team going today. Ross asks about the Nasty Boys, Headshrinkers, number one contenders the Natural Disasters and the WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers as being pretty damn tough. Pierre chimes in saying that they have dealt with a lot of tough people and those people make the teams named look like cupcakes. The Quebecers finish the promo singing their theme song.
5. The Undertaker defeated Terry Taylor in 3:47 following a tombstone pile driver. During the bout, pre-tape comments by Bam-Bam Bigelow were aired. Bigelow says that he will put the Undertaker six feet under once and for all at SummerSlam.
6. SummerSlam 1993 Report: Mean Gene hypes up the show and announces that a new ten man tag has been announced for the show. Crush will team up with Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Marty Jannetty and the Kamikaze Kid. They will compete against Jerry Lawler, Doink, Jeff Jarrett, Rick Martel and Razor Ramon!
7. Mr. Perfect defeated Rick Martel in 7:33 following the Perfect Plex.
WWF Superstars 8/21/1993
1. The Nasty Boys defeated Mark Starr/PJ Walker in 3:11 when Saggs pinned Starr. During the bout, the Quebecers walked down to the ringside area and were overheard saying “these guys are tough?” and laughing at the expense of the Nasty Boys. After the match, they tried to sneak attack the Nasty Boys but were dumped from the ring.
2. Lex Luger Interview: Vince McMahon conducted a sit down interview with Luger in a empty arena to promote his match against WWF World Champion Bret Hart. Luger talks about Hart’s catchphrase and says that he will show the world that Hart has speaking nothing but lies. Luger notes that Hart has never defended the title against someone like himself and believes that his power will overwhelm Bret and will be walking out as the WWF World Champion.
3. Diesel defeated Koko B. Ware in 2:07 following a power bomb. During the bout, pre-tape comments by Tatanka were aired. Tatanka said the line “the bigger they are, the harder they fall.” He says that SummerSlam he will prevail as Diesel will not plow over him.
4. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Carl Franklin in 2:15 following a diving head butt.
5. Ron Simmons Hype Video: A video of Ron Simmons reading books to children at a library and helping community centers is shown. Simmons ends up cutting a brief promo saying that he is someone the fans can rely on and he will show Yokozuna that America always prevails at the end!
6. Jeff Jarrett defeated Owen Hart in 6:55 after using the ropes for leverage on a roll up. During the bout, WWF World Champion Bret Hart cut a promo hyping up his upcoming match against Jeff Jarrett on RAW, only a week away from SummerSlam. Bret also stated that he will be ready to go against Luger on August 30th and that Jarrett will be his tune up! After the match, Jim Neidhart ran down to the ring to get his hands on Jarrett but Jarrett was able to avoid any kind of altercation.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 8/22/1993
1. Randy Savage defeated Chris Herwitz in 2:04 following a top rope elbow drop. During the bout, WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels called in saying that he has to beat Randy Savage to be forever known as the greatest Intercontinental Champion ever, and he plans on doing just that.
2. Money Inc. Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Money Inc. who promoted their match with the Smoking Gunns next week on Superstars. DiBiase said that they are going to extinguish all the hype the Smoking Gunns have been getting by beating them one, two, three in the middle of the ring.
3. The Headshrinkers defeated Joe Stevenson/David Wrangler in 2:03 when Fatu pinned Stevenson
4. Yokozuna defeated Mike Bell in 2:46 following the Bonsai Drop. During the bout. Jim Cornette praised Yokozuna while on commentary saying that Yokozuna has overcame all the opposition the American heroes have put in front of him and will do the same to Simmons at SummerSlam.
5. Ric Flair/Mr. Perfect Video: A video promoting the lengthy feud between Mr. Perfect and Ric Flair is aired. At the end of the video both men cut a brief promo saying that they are going to finally be the man (Perfect) while the other says he will never be dethroned from being the man (Flair).
6. WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers defeated the Beverly Brothers in 8:55 when Rick pinned Beau following a top rope bulldog.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.