WCW Worldwide 2/19/1995
Written by: Bob Colling
World Championship Wrestling presents Worldwide
From: Orlando, FL
1.)Jim Duggan defeated Rick Thames
2.)Alex Wright defeated Tom Burton
3.)WCW World Tag Team Champions Harlem Heat defeated Brian Costello & David Walby
4.)Brad Armstrong defeated Bobby Eaton
1. Mean Gene interviewed Col. Robert Parker and Bunkhouse Buck. Today, Buck will wrestle Duggan at Superbrawl V. Buck says he is going to choke Duggan out with his rope. Buck thinks Duggan needs someone to knock him down. Buck isn’t afraid of any man. Parker says Duggan is going to have his own 2×4 whacked over his head thanks to Buck!
2. Ric Flair recently had a sit down interview. Flair talks about the steel cage match with Hogan and losing his career as a result. Flair says it’s a new year and he isn’t going anywhere. Flair says his heart and thoughts have always been on wrestling. Flair says he is the only man to wrestle but Vader and Hogan. He says that Hogan isn’t the guy who makes wrestling click. Instead, Vader is the man according to Flair. Flair needs wrestling and needs to be part of it. Flair wants Bockwinkel to tell him to his face that he can’t be in WCW.
3. Another video promoting Brian Pillman is aired. Pillman looks like he is playing up being a hot shot.
4. Mean Gene interviewed the Nasty Boys once again this week. Sags says that Sherri Martel isn’t a pretty lady. Knobs says it’s a fact that Sherri will meet Pity City. They weren’t named tag team of the year for nothing. So, Harlem Heat better watch out come Superbrawl V!
5. Armstrong gets out of a top wrist lock with an arm drag and soon follows up with a head scissors. Eaton stops Armstrong with a big right hand. Eaton comes off the ropes and is met with a backdrop and another head scissors. Armstrong is put on the top rope and Eaton delivers a few right hands. Eaton goes for a superplex but Armstrong counters and hits an electric chair slam for a near win. Eaton gets control back with a back breaker. Eaton comes off the ropes to hit a swinging neckbreaker. Eaton misses the top rope leg drop but drops Armstrong with a clothesline for a two count. Armstrong counters a slingshot suplex and gets the win with an inside cradle. (*1/2. I find it kind of humorous that this was a main event match. I don’t believe either guy has done anything of relevance since ’92 for goodness sake.)
6. A vignette promoting Sgt. Craig Pittman is aired. He will be on Worldwide next week.
7. Next week, WCW World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan teams with Randy Savage to take on Avalanche and the Butcher on Worldwide!
Not a whole lot going on here as Superbrawl was just ten hours away or so. Obviously Flair wasn’t going to be off television for too long. The main event for next week is the biggest one on Worldwide this year and it will probably just be an extended squash for Hogan and Savage. See you then.
Thanks for reading.
Bob Colling Jr. View All
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.
Leave a Reply