Written by: Bob Colling
World Championship Wrestling presents Worldwide
From: Orlando, FL
1.) Brian Pillman defeated Mark Starr
2.) Kevin Sullivan & The Butcher defeated Barry Hardy & Vern Henderson
3.) Sgt. Craig Pittman defeated Tracy Benton
4.) Big Bubba Rogers defeated Manny Fernandez
5.) Dustin Rhodes & Alex Wright defeated WCW Television Champion Arn Anderson & Blacktop Bully
1. Col. Robert Parker and WCW Television Champion Arn Anderson chat with Mean Gene. Parker puts Anderson over as the finest champion in the company. They are just talking about how expensive the belt looks and Arn puts himself over more.
2. Lord Steven Regal brought Bobby Eaton to England as he is trying to transfer Eaton into a more respectable human. Regal is teaching Bobby how to eat where Eaton blows his nose at the table, which disgusts Regal, obviously. Eaton has his hair slicked back and is wearing a similar suit to Regal to end the segment.
3. Nick Bockwinkel had Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan and Jimmy Hart are in Nick’s office. Hogan lists the reasons why he wants Flair back in WCW. Savage thinks that Nick has lost complete power and needs to reinstate Flair to regain power. Hulk wants Flair back in the ring and that’s the only way they can get him in the ring. There will be a vote next week by the board to determine if Flair comes back to WCW.
4. Johnny B. Badd chats with Mean Gene. They talk about Badd’s boxing career. Badd was 58-2 during his career with 37 knockouts. He doesn’t feel the same without some gold around his waist.
5. Rhodes and Bully start off the main event. Realistically, they were both fired before this aired due to blading at Uncensored. Bully hammers away on Rhodes to get the early advantage. Dustin shoulder blocks and uppercuts Bully to get the advantage. Wright tags in and double axe handles Bully’s arm, but the offense doesn’t last too long. Wright dropkicks Bully but is trapped in the corner and hammered away on by Arn. Anderson misses a few elbow drops. Wright slides in from the apron for a near win. Rhodes comes off the top across Arn’s left arm. Bully tags in and clubs away on Dustin to maintain control of the bout. Dustin nearly wins with an inside cradle, but the heels keep control of the bout. Rhodes drives Arn face first down to the mat and tags in Wright! Wright cleans house with right hands and a couple of dropkicks. Wright can’t slam Bully thanks to Arn hitting him. Dustin with the bulldog on Bully. Wright is sent to the floor and Rhodes is sent to the floor. Wright hits a twisting cross body off the top onto Arn, but Parker enters to cause the disqualification. (*1/2. A basic match, but they worked hard in there. I don’t know why they couldn’t let Wright pin Anderson. They would have been a good win for the young guy. Typical WCW finish as we all grew to love… to hate.)
An average episode this week for Worldwide. It went by quickly and thus I can’t really hate on the program. The promos by Anderson and Badd didn’t really help anything and was designed to just fill time for the program.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.