This week, the feud between Mr. Perfect and Lex Luger continues on RAW. WWF World Tag Team Champions the Steiner Brothers defend against the Quebecers. Chris Benoit makes his debut on Superstars. The Ted DiBiase/Bret Hart feud continues as well since DiBiase has bought the Hart House.
WWF RAW 10/25/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Bret Hart defeated Vito Lograsso in 2:45 with the Sharpshooter. After the match, Vince McMahon tried to get a word with Hart about DiBiase having apparently bought the Hart House. However, Hart had no comment and walked to the backstage area.
2. Lex Luger/Mr. Perfect/Jack Tunney Segment: Vince McMahon introduces the WWF World Champion, Lex Luger. Luger makes his way down to the ring wearing the championship around his waist over his suit. McMahon quickly tells Luger that he believes that Luger sensed his championship was in trouble and rammed Perfect head first into an exposed turnbuckle because he knew that last Saturday night was Mr. Perfect’s night and he took that away from him by being a coward. Before Luger can respond to the accusation, Mr. Perfect’s music hits and makes his way down to the ring with a bandage on his forehead. McMahon tells Perfect that he doesn’t want any trouble in the ring but Perfect just yanks the microphone out of his hand. Perfect tells Luger that while the record books may show that he won at SNME, he is not satisfied and will not be satisfied until he wins the most prestigious championship to ever by created. Perfect says he wants Luger one more time! Luger is shaking his head no when Jack Tunney makes a live appearance on RAW! Tunney has a contract in his hand and tells everyone that it’s the contract for the SNME match. He reveals that the contract didn’t have an automatic rematch clause and thus, Perfect will not be awarded a rematch at Survivor Series. However, Tunney says that they will both be competing at Survivor Series on Wednesday November 24th as they will be team captains for a Survivor Series match. Tunney tells both Luger and Perfect that they will be allowed to choose four other men to be their partners making the match a five vs. five elimination match. Lastly, Tunney has a bombshell. If Perfect’s team were to win the match, then at the Royal Rumble on January 23rd, 1994 he would get his rematch against Lex Luger with a no disqualification stipulation. If Luger’s team wins, Mr. Perfect will not be given another WWF World Championship shot as long as Luger is champion no matter what. Tunney finishes off the segment telling both men that they better pick partners they can rely on.
3. Jimmy Del Ray defeated Bart Gunn in 6:04 after Jim Cornette hit Bart with his tennis racket.
4. Shawn Michaels/Diesel Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with former WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels and his bodyguard Diesel. Michaels tells Ross that what happened at SNME is a rare occurrence and mock applauses Razor Ramon for defeating him for the championship. Michaels says that when he feels like it, he will regain the WWF Intercontinental Championship but for now he is going to do something different. He says that he started his career as a tag team wrestler but wasn’t able to win the WWF World Tag Team Championships. Michaels tells Ross that now he has a bigger, stronger and angrier partner in Diesel which is far better to have then Marty Jannetty. Michaels ends up telling us that he wants to win the tag team championships. Michaels finishes off says they will wait patiently and destroy any competition that gets in their way to gain the championships he has never been able to win. But now, he has the perfect partner and when, not if, when they win the championships they will be theirs until they decide they are tired of them.
5. Rick Martel defeated Tony DeVito in 3:43 with the Boston Crab.
6. Men On A Mission Hype Video: A video promoting a new tag team to soon debut Men on A Mission is aired. They have a manager Oscar who raps for Mabel and Mo as they are going to be debuting in the WWF in two weeks.
7. WWF World Tag Team Champions the Steiner Brothers defeated the Quebecers to retain the titles in 14:07 when Scott pinned Jacques following a Frankensteiner.
WWF Superstars 10/30/1993
1. Jerry Lawler defeated Chris Dubril in 2:01 following a piledriver.
2. Crush Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Crush, who is wearing a leather jacket and leather pants. McMahon wants to know why Crush decided to turn his back on all the fans who supported him and turn on Ron Simmons last week at SNME. Crush tells McMahon that as soon as Simmons came into town, the fans flocked to him and pushed him to the side. Crush believed that he could’ve taken care of Yokozuna and Ludvig Borga but the fans turned their back on him. He recalls the interview where Simmons was taking credit for both of their hard work and that didn’t sit well with him whatsoever. So, one day, he had a talk with Jim Cornette and it became clear to him that Yokozuna, Borga and Cornette stand united no matter what and he wanted to be associated with them rather than a conceited self loathing Ron Simmons. Crush finishes off the promo telling the fans and McMahon that he is going to show them that they shouldn’t have ever turned their back on him.
3. The Undertaker defeated Scott Taylor in 2:07 following a tombstone pile driver. During the bout, Earthquake shared pre-taped comments saying that he is one natural disaster that the Undertaker will not be able to rise up from!
4. Razor Ramon/Rick Martel Confrontation: Jim Ross conducted an interview with the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Razor Ramon. Ross gives Ramon props for winning the championship by overcoming the odds against both Michaels and Diesel. Ramon tells Ross that he has had to tell with tougher people on the mean streets of Miami. Ramon tells that “pretty boy” Michaels that he will defend the championship whenever he wants to try and take it from him. Ramon is soon cut off by Rick Martel. Martel makes it clear that he isn’t over the fact that Ramon turned on him at SummerSlam and is now especially pissed off that Ramon has the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Martel says that since Ramon is apparently not shy about defending the championship, Martel issues a challenge to Ramon for the championship. Ramon signals Martel with his hands to just bring it on and Martel does just that by slapping Ramon. Ramon comes back with several right hands and clotheslines Martel over the top to the floor where Martel stumbles up the aisle way signaling for the title while Ramon plays to the crowd.
5. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated John Paul in 1:43 following a diving head butt. After the match, Jim Ross conducted a brief interview Bigelow who told Ross that he is going to send Savage to the retirement home because Savage “wouldn’t be able to survive the beating that I’m going to give him.”
6. Ted DiBiase Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with the Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase who revealed at SNME last week that he had bought the Hart House in Canada. McMahon asks DiBiase why he would buy the house when he could’ve purchased any other housing and not affect family’s life like this. DiBiase responds by saying “because I’m rich and I can do whatever I wish to do!” DiBiase tells McMahon that for the past two years he has been part of the highly successful tag team Money Inc. with IRS. However, he has always wanted to be WWF World Champion and be given the respect that he deserves. He continues by saying “what better way to get the attention that I deserve by ruining the life of someone everyone loves? (evil laugh)” DiBiase says he has many more surprises up his sleeve and that the emotional tournament that Bret Hart and his family have been going through is far from being over!
7. Chris Benoit defeated Doink the Clown in 6:08 with the Cross Face in his debut match.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 10/31/1993
1. Owen Hart defeated Frank Gilson in 3:02 following a missile dropkick.
2. Ron Simmons Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Ron Simmons who appeared to be quite emotional. Simmons tells Ross that the betrayal by Crush has been weighing heavily on his mind and doesn’t know what caused Crush to snap the way he did and to be associated with the guys he and Crush had been battling for months. Simmons raises his head to look in the camera and says “I’ve been saying this for months. At the end of the day, America will come out on top. Crush, you’ll regret turning your back on the greatest country, the United States of America.” The crowd starts a USA chant to end the segment.
3. Ludvig Borga defeated Bill Bixler in 2:53 following a shoulder breaker.
4. Jeff Jarrett defeated Max Wafer in 2:30 following a jumping DDT.
5. Tatanka/Chief Jay Strongbow Video: The video begins with Strongbow laying in a hospital bed with a neck brace recovering from the pile driver that Lawler delivered a few weeks ago. Tatanka enters the room and is emotional to see his mentor in such pain. Tatanka kneels with a cross necklace in hand saying a tribal prayer for Strongbow who is awake and alert. Strongbow grabs Tatanka’s hand and tells him that he needs to defend his honor and the honor of his people by beating the evil king, Jerry Lawler. Tatanka assures Strongbow that Lawler will not go unpunished for what he has done and will make Strongbow proud.
6. The Kamikaze Kid defeated Samu in 6:45 following a top rope moonsault after Samu got distracted by Jannetty and Fatu brawling on the floor.
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.