What’s going on this week in the WWF?
WWF RAW 2/21/1994 (Poughkeepsie, NY)
1. The Kamikaze Kid & Marty Jannetty defeated Glen Johnson & Mark Jackson in 3:06 when Kid pinned Johnson. After the match, Ludvig Borga came out and destroyed both men until Tatanka came out to run Borga off from the ring.
2. Kings Court w/Jack Tunney: Lawler talks about how he embarrassed Roddy Piper last week and that now Jack Tunney will be making a fool out of himself this week. Tunney makes his way down to the ring and Lawler kisses up to him a little bit by welcoming him to the best talk segment in WWF history, the Kings Court. Tunney thanks Lawler for having him on, but he feels like these pleasantries are going to be short lasting. Tunney has been getting a lot of letters wanting him to actually cancel the Kings Court and the fans have been begging for Pipers Pit to be returned at any cost. Lawler is not happy about this saying that the idiot fans don’t know what they are talking about. His talk show is the best show to ever take place and if it were ever canceled it would be an enormous tragedy in wrestling history. Lawler demands for Tunney to give him a vote of confidence regarding his show. Tunney ends up telling Lawler that next week, there will not be a Kings Court. Instead, there will be a return of the Piper’s Pit on RAW! Tunney finishes off saying that if the Piper’s Pit is a success, he will explore a possible change. That leaves Lawler nearly in tears before turning into anger towards Piper stealing away his show!
3. Bret Hart defeated Stephen Thomas in 3:19 with the Sharpshooter. During the match, Ted DiBiase called in talking about how depressed Bret and his family have been. He jokes that he doesn’t think any amount of money in the world could cheer them up. DiBiase can’t wait for WrestleMania X where he will beat Bret in the middle of the ring and begin his new life inside the Million Dollar Mansion (Hart House).
4. Rick Martel Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with the WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel this week. Ross brought up how Ron Simmons recently pinned Martel to earn a title shot at WrestleMania X. He feels like Martel is in fear of losing his championship. Martel scoffs at the suggestion that Simmons will ever beat him for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Martel says that just because Simmons has muscles doesn’t mean he is better than him. He goes on to say that he will counter Simmons strength advantage with his intelligence. Martel finishes off the segment by getting a kiss from his valet/girlfriend, Tamara.
5. Doink The Clown defeated Andrew Davidson in 3:55 following the Whoopee Cushion.
6. Shawn Michaels & Diesel defeated The Nasty Boys in 6:41 when Diesel pinned Knobbs. During the match, the WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers watched the match from the aisle way. They had a stare down with Michaels and Diesel to end the segment.
7. Hulk Hogan Interview: Vince McMahon is in the ring to introduce the one and only.. Hulk Hogan! Hogan takes a moment before appearing through the curtain and the crowd goes nuts for him. The fans begin to chant his name for a few moments preventing Hogan from getting able to get a word out. McMahon eventually quiets them and asks Hogan how it feels to be back in the World Wrestling Federation. Hogan tells McMahon that it feels great to be back home in the WWF, brother. He has had his moment in Hollywood but is ready to comeback and do the right thing for all his Hulkamaniacs. The first thing he wants to do is beat the arrogant, loud mouth, smooth talking, Ric Flair at WrestleMania X in the building he made famous, Madison Square Garden!
Next week on RAW: Piper’s Pit Returns!
WWF Superstars 2/26/1994
1.The British Bulldog defeated Duane Gill in 2:05 following a running power slam.
2. Jeff Jarrett & Scott Norton Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Jeff Jarrett and his bodyguard Scott Norton. Before they can talk about Mr. Perfect, Jarrett decides to get a few jabs in on the British Bulldog. Jarrett considers Norton to be the best physical big man in the company, and just because Bulldog is back doesn’t mean he is the best. While he is speaking, Norton is nodding his head and flexing his muscles. Anyway, Jarrett turns his attention to Mr. Perfect and WrestleMania X. Jarrett recalls seeing his name on the marquee when he was a popular country singer. Now, he is looking for his breakout moment and that moment is going to be at WrestleMania X whether Mr. Perfect likes it, or not!
3. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Jason Cade in 2:46 following a diving head butt.
4. Ron Simmons defeated Bill Carson in 2:35 following a spine buster.
5. Chris Benoit Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Chris Benoit. McMahon wants to know what has gotten into Benoit to attack his former friend Owen Hart and injure his shoulder in the process. Benoit lets out an evil looking smirk and proceeds to tell McMahon that he has sat in the background for far too long. He has heard Owen and Bret talk about the Dungeon and how they have become the greatest wrestlers in the world. “That couldn’t be farther from the truth. Your own father Stu Hart said that he wish I was his son because I know how to fight.” That brings out Owen Hart who storms the ring and has a brief brawl with Benoit until Benoit bails to the floor. Benoit has his back turned when Owen comes off the ropes and takes him out with a suicide dive! Security and officials run out to break up the brawl. Owen gets on a microphone and demands a match with Benoit at WrestleMania X to prove who the better man is. Benoit accepts while trying to get back into the ring but is held back by security.
6. Lex Luger Promo: WWF World Champion Lex Luger is hanging out at a cementary to prove that he isn’t afraid of the dark and thus not afraid of the Undertaker. Luger says he isn’t going to run away from the Deadman, but rather he is going to continue to attack him and put him six feet under ground and never allow Taker to rise up ever again. “WrestleMania X, it is the end of the Deadman.”
7. Randy Savage & Tatanka defeated Yokozuna & Crush in 12:37 when Savage pinned Crush. After the match, a furious Jim Cornette gets on the microphone and says he will do anything it takes to get Savage out of the WWF. “You have been a thorn in my side for far too long. How about at WrestleMania we have ourselves a six man tag match?! Savage, if your team loses, you are gone. If my team loses, I’ll quit!” Savage gets a microphone and simply says… “Ohhh Yeahhh!”
Next week on Superstars: Razor Ramon will be in singles action, and WWF World Tag Team Champions The Steiner Brothers will compete against the Headshrinkers!
WWF Wrestling Challenge 2/27/1994
1. Owen Hart defeated Frank Wright in 2:13 with a missile dropkick.
2. Ted DiBiase Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Ted DiBiase regarding his match with Bret Hart at WrestleMania X. DiBiase says he has been waiting for this moment for months and at WrestleMania X, he will be able to ruin a family, something that gives him a feeling he can’t get anywhere else. DiBiase says when he tears down the Hart House, he will be laughing while Stu and Helen cry as their memories become dust. DiBiase tells us that at WrestleMania he will have the Hart Family by his side to allow them a first hand look at Bret’s failure to help save the house at WrestleMania X!
3. Ludvig Borga defeated Dave Thompson in 2:27 following a shoulder breaker.
4. Randy Savage Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Randy Savage regarding the recently announced six man tag match for WrestleMania X. Savage is well aware that at WrestleMania X he is risking his career, but he is willing to risk it in order to eliminate Jim Cornette from the World Wrestling Federation! Savage ends up telling Ross that he has already found two men that he would want to go to war with to get rid of Cornette. Savage has chosen Tatanka and Marty Jannetty to eliminate Jim Cornette! Ohhh Yeahhh!
5. The Smoking Gunns defeated Barry Hardy & Rick Stevenson in 3:11 when Bart pinned Hardy.
6. Mr. Perfect defeated Jimmy Del Ray in 7:53 following the Perfect Plex.
Next week on Wrestling Challenge: WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel, Tatanka and Bret Hart will be in action!
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.