Rebooking The WWF: Week 11, 1994
What’s going on this week in the Rebooking of WWF?
WWF RAW 3/14/1994 (Poughkeepsie, NY)
1. Men on a Mission defeated Jason Darling & Paul Haynes in 2:06 when Mabel pinned Darling.
2. Lex Luger Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with WWF World Champion Lex Luger regarding his championship match with the Undertaker this Sunday. McMahon notes that the Undertaker has been on a path of destruction as of late and he believes that Taker will not lose at Mania. Luger gets annoyed with McMahon and tells him that he has been champion since August and his reign of dominance is not anywhere close to coming to an end. He isn’t afraid, nor his he intimidated by the Undertaker. Luger believes that when the big lights are on he will rise to occasion and put away his greatest challenge yet. He is going to make sure the Undertaker rests in peace and never shows his face in the WWF ever again!
3. British Bulldog defeated Crush by disqualification in 6:14 when Scott Norton came out and attacked Bulldog with a chair from behind. After the match, Jim Neidhart ran down to the ring, making his return, and chased Norton to the floor.
4. WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel defeated David Young in 2:43 with the Boston Crab.
5. WrestleMania X Report: Todd Pettengill runs down the big show taking place this Sunday.
6. Yokozuna defeated Richard Clinton in 1:57 following the Bonzai Drop.
7. Hulk Hogan Interview: Vince McMahon is excited to introduce former WWF World Champion, Hulk Hogan for an interview to close the show! McMahon heavily promotes the fact that this weekend Hogan will be competing in a singles match against Ric Flair at WrestleMania X, a match that has been over three years in the making. Hogan talks about how Hogan has been running wild on the WWF for over ten years while Nature Boy had been doing the same in a rival organization. Now, they meet in six days to see which man is the true immortal and which one is the true icon of professional wrestling. Hogan continues by saying that his whole career has consisted of beating up loudmouths who thought they could end Hulkamania. “Well, Nature Boy, you are going to experience the same fate and realize that Hulkamania will never be destroyed. What are you going to do when Hulkamania runs wild on you ?!”
WWF Superstars 3/19/1994
1. Ted DiBiase defeated Marty Jannetty in 7:09 with the Million Dollar Dream. During the match, Bret Hart called in telling us that he hasn’t slept at all as Mania inches closer. He has a lot of frustration built up inside of him and at WrestleMania X, he will let it all out on DiBiase.
2. Bam-Bam Bigelow Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Bam-Bam Bigelow regarding his New York City street fight with Razor Ramon this Sunday. Bigelow is sick and tired of seeing the fake tough man Razor Ramon go around convincing everyone that he is the baddest man in the WWF. Bigelow rips on Ramon saying that he lost to a stupid Model while Bigelow was busy beating the Deadman within an inch of his life. Bigelow wants the fans to thank him this weekend for helping them realize they have been cheering for a fraud all along. “Ramon, this Sunday your gig will be over with.”
3. Ron Simmons defeated Allen Ortiz in 2:31 following a spine buster.
4. Steiner Brothers Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with the WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers. McMahon mentions how Michaels and Diesel planned months ago to come after the gold and this Sunday they have the chance to back up their talks. The Steiner Brothers have been champions for nearly a year, and he asks if they are feeling the pressure of WrestleMania, since they lost last year. Scott Steiner tells McMahon that last year was under different circumstances and they have grown as a team. They have proven over the last nine months that they are the team to beat in the WWF and that isn’t going to change. They are prepared for a battle tomorrow night and while Michaels and Diesel may be great singles wrestlers, as a team, they don’t stand a chance against them. Rick Steiner chimes in to say that this Sunday they are going chew them up and spit them up and make them regret the decision of coming after the Steiner Brothers!
5. Chris Benoit defeated Felix Rogers in 2:47 following a dragon suplex.
6. Mr. Perfect Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Mr. Perfect, who wrestles Jeff Jarrett tomorrow night at WrestleMania X. Perfect talks about how Jarrett was a failure at being a country music singer and he will fail at his attempt to make a name for himself at his expense. Perfect tells Ross that he has a long way to go before he hangs them up and assures us that Jeff Jarrett will not make him to look like a fool.
7. The Undertaker defeated Ludvig Borga in 9:54 following a tombstone pile driver. After the match, Yokozuna, Crush, Randy Savage, Tatanka, and Marty Jannetty came out to cause a big brawl. WWF World Champion Lex Luger ran down to the ring as well and attacked Taker with the WWF World Championship. Luger thought he had knocked Taker down, but Taker soon rose to his feet and Luger bailed through the crowd in fear.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 3/20/1994
1. Jerry Lawler defeated Scott D’Amore in 2:14 following a middle rope fist drop. During the match, Roddy Piper called in and said that he can’t wait to get his hands on Lawler to shut him up and to get Pipers Pit to return to RAW on a regular basis instead of Kings Court. Piper is fully prepared to embarrass Lawler.
2. Owen Hart Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Owen Hart regarding his match with Chris Benoit later on in the day. Hart says that Benoit turned his back on the family who helped make him a star. Hart says that he is going to fight for the honor of his father and his brother Bret. He is going to teach Benoit a lesson in what it means to be a Hart. “I will not back down and I will not give you the satisfaction of being victorious on the biggest show of the year.”
3. Razor Ramon defeated Frank Anderson in 3:05 following the Razors Edge. After the match, Ramon displayed some rage as he was apparently looking to show his fury when he hit a second Razors Edge after the match and he taunted the camera asking for Bigelow to take notice.
4. IRS defeated Gerry Williams in 2:44 following a lariat.
5. Shawn Michaels & Diesel Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Shawn Michaels and Diesel regarding their tag team championship match. Michaels tells McMahon that he and Diesel are the perfect combination of size, speed and strength to ever form a team. Michaels says that the Steiner Brothers have had an impressive run, but every run comes to an end and that is exactly what will happen at WrestleMania X. Whether it be the superkick or the powerbomb, they will be crowned the new WWF World Tag Team Championships and you must accept that fact, jack!
6. Randy Savage defeated Jimmy Del Ray in 6:48 following a top rope elbow drop. During the match, Jim Cornette called in to say that he isn’t worried about his spot in the WWF because he has all the confidence in his team to get rid of Randy Savage once and for all.