Bob Backlund begins a search to find a wrestler that everyone will love. Several confrontations take place and much more!
WWF RAW 5/2/1994
1. The Headshrinkers defeated Eric Williams/Fred Rogers in 2:14 when Fatu pinned Williams following a big splash off the top rope.
2. Kings Court w/ Bob Backlund: Jerry Lawler opens the segment talking about his match in twelve days against WWF World Champion the Undertaker at Madison Square Garden. Lawler tells us that Bigelow and Luger won’t have to worry about who beats the Deadman for the championship because the King will rule supreme at the Garden on May 14th! Lawler continues to go on to say that recently a former WWF World Champion returned to the company and is on a mission to find someone that the American public can support since everyone else in the company are losers! Backlund tells Lawler that the man he will find will not be a loser but instead be a champion and someone the fans will be forced to love! Backlund leaves and marches to the back already beginning his search.
3. Crush defeated Tim Clarkson in 2:18 following the Kona Vice.
4. Chris Benoit defeated Tom Howard in 2:33 following a German suplex.
5. Razor Ramon/Carlos Vega Confrontation: Jim Ross calls out Razor Ramon to reveal his answer whether or not he is going to rejoin Carlos Vega. Ramon comes out with a scowl on his face and he looks to be fed up with this whole situation. Ross goes over the situation about how Vega was a leader of a gang in the Miami area and that Ramon was a follower of his. Ramon acknowledged this but before he can say anything, Carlos Vega makes his way out and has a cigar in his mouth. Vega grabs the microphone and says that he knows Ramon is going to join him and they will run wild all over the WWF together. Razor gets the microphone and tells Vega that his life in Miami is in his past and not his future. Ramon is sick of the lifestyle that Vega leads and Ramon doesn’t want to do the things that Carlos preaches. Carlos is angry and offended that Razor has turned him down. He begins to tell Ramon that without him he wouldn’t be anything. Vega slaps Ramon and tells Razor to wake up and realize what he is. “You’re a gangsta, and you always will be.” Ramon simply tells Vega he doesn’t need him and he better get out of here before he regrets anything. Vega points at Ramon and says “you will regret this. You have no idea.” Vega turns and leaves while the fans cheer for Ramon.
6. Marty Jannetty defeated Sam Stevenson in 2:09 following the Rocker Dropper.
7. Scott Steiner defeated Jimmy Del Ray in 7:54 following a Frankensteiner. During the bout, WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel and Tamara came out to watch a new challenger for the belt.
8. Hulk Hogan Attack: Vince McMahon is standing in the ring and is excited to bring out Hulk Hogan for an interview. It takes a few moments but eventually the camera goes backstage and Hogan has been laid out! Hogan is out cold and no one knows what is going on. McMahon drops the microphone and heads to the backstage area to check on Hogan as RAW goes off the air!
WWF Superstars 5/8/1994
1. Tatanka defeated Scott Taylor in 2:36 following a Samoan Drop. During the match, pre-tape comments from Mr. Fuji are aired. Fuji tells Tatanka that on May 22nd at In Your House, Tatanka will fall victim to the mighty Yokozuna and the War Dance will be waving a white flag!
2. Ted DiBiase Interview: Vince McMahon calls out Ted DiBiase and Diana Smith for an interview this week on Superstars. DiBiase is obviously really happy to have Diana by his side, but the next couple of weeks are going to be really busy for DiBiase. McMahon notes that on May 14th at Madison Square Garden, DiBiase will have a final showdown with Bret Hart inside a steel cage. DiBiase believes that the second time will be the charm and at the Garden the Million Dollar Man will have the last laugh. On May 22nd at the second In Your House, DiBiase will have an opportunity that he has been wanting for nearly four years. Ted DiBiase will get a WWF World Championship shot against WWF World Champion the Undertaker. DiBiase doesn’t care how much money he has to spend or what needs to be done, he will get the WWF World Championship for his woman, Diana. She deserves all the gold and he is going to get the most important one on May 22nd. “Why? Because I’m the Million Dollar Man, and I always get MY WAY!”
3. Sparky Plugg defeated Hank Hamsome in 2:05 following a missile dropkick. During the bout, Jeff Jarrett cut a promo saying that Plugg’s career is going to crash and fail just like Plugg does every week on the track.
4. IRS defeated Greg Harvin in 2:52 following a lariat.
5. The Quebecers Interview: Jim Ross calls out Johnny Polo and the Quebecers. Polo is upset about trusting the goons known as the Headshrinkers. Polo doesn’t know what he was thinking considering Fatu and Samu ram their heads into each other and walk around all over the place barefoot. Polo says that they turned on the greatest tag team in the WWF and they will pay a harsh consequence for such a decision. Jacques chimes in to say that they will not be made to look like fools and in just a matter of time the Quebecers will get justice on the Headshrinkers!
6. Men on a Mission defeated Mike Sharpe & Chris Kanyon in 3:12 when Mabel pinned Sharpe after a splash. During the match, WWF World Tag Team Champions Shawn Michaels and Diesel share some comments regarding their title match on May 14th against Men on a Mission Michaels says that he and Diesel are going to take care of business and that the two rappers will not have a wrestling income to rely on after May 14th at the Garden!
7. Scott Norton defeated The Kamikaze Kid in 5:19 following a shoulder breaker.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 5/8/1994
1. Doink the Clown defeated AJ Fatal in 2:57 following the Whoopee Cushion. After the match, Doink painted the jobbers face and cut his hair off.
2. Jeff Jarrett defeated Jeremy Sydal in 2:44 following a jumping DDT.
3. Bret Hart & Crush Confrontation: Jim Ross introduces Bret Hart for an interview regarding the recent challenge issues by Johnny Polo’s group. Bret Hart knows that people are always going to try and make a name for themselves at the expense of the top guys. Bret puts over Crush, Ludvig Borga, Yokozuna, and the Quebecers as being suitable opponents for him but Bret says he isn’t going to let their size intimidate him whatsoever. Mr. Fuji and Crush make their way out to the ring to cut off Bret who welcomes them with a smile. Crush tells the fans that Bret Hart is one of the reasons he turned his back on the American fans. Crush feels like they never got him and didn’t support him. Instead, they were busy cheering for a Canadian. They were busy cheering for a foreigner. What was the point of a supporting a nation who cheers for an outsider? Bret tries to chime in but Fuji tries to hit him with a flag but Bret ducks and turns to Fuji. That allows Crush to hit Bret in the ribs and locks in the Kona Vice. Eventually, Crush leaves Bret laying and tells America that their hero will be finished on May 22nd.
4. Randy Savage defeated Carl Irving in 2:19 following a top rope elbow drop.
5. Rick Martel Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel regarding his new apparent challenger, Scott Steiner. Martel doesn’t know who Scott Steiner thinks he is. Martel thinks that Scott is nothing without his brother Rick Steiner. “I don’t care how much the ladies love you. You don’t have the love of my Tamara. She knows who the best is, and it’s me.” Martel also says that Scott Steiner hasn’t proven himself in the singles ranks and until he does, he will not be getting a championship shot any time soon.
6. WWF World Tag Team Champions Shawn Michaels & Diesel defeated Fred Timmons & Barry Horowitz in 2:55 when Michaels pinned Timmons after a superkick.
7. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Jim Neidhart in 4:18 following a diving headbutt. During the match, Lex Luger came to ringside and tried to talk to Bigelow, but that distracted Bigelow and allowed Neidhart to get some offense in. After the match, Bigelow got in Luger’s face but Lex backed off and decided to talk to Bigelow when he cooled off.
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.