WWF RAW was pre-emptied this week. RAW returns on September 12th.
WWF Superstars 9/3/1994
1. The Quebecers defeated Barry Horowitz & Scott Taylor in 3:19 when Pierre pinned Taylor. During the match, a pre-tape promo by the Quebecers made it evident that they wanted a tag team title shot against the new champions, the Smoking Gunns.
2. Ron Simmons Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Ron Simmons regarding his actions at SummerSlam. Simmons is clearly annoyed and tells Ross that for over a year he has been fighting the good fight and for what? He was too busy trying to get the fans to support him and it cost him the opportunity to be the WWF Intercontinental Champion. Ron notes that he has never gotten a WWF World Championship match and is sick of Jack Tunney overlooking him for a guy like Bret Hart or the Undertaker. Simmons claims that he is the best athlete the WWF has to offer and he is championship material. He isn’t going to be held down by the fans, Marty Jannetty or racism by Jack Tunney or any other WWF official. Simmons tells Ross that he’ll take Marty Jannetty out on September 25th and there will be championship gold around his waist sooner rather than later.
3. Razor Ramon defeated Matt Hardy in 2:45 following the Razors Edge. After the match, Carlos Vega entered the ring and attacked Ramon from behind. Vega pulled a leather strap from out of his ring gear and viciously whipped Ramon across the back along with choking Ramon with the strap until officials ran down to make the save.
4. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated IRS in 6:11 following a diving head butt. During the match, a pre-tape promo by Bigelow was aired and he issued a challenge to the Undertaker or Yokozuna to give him a title shot if they had the courage to do so.
5. Scott Steiner Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with the new WWF Intercontinental Champion, Scott Steiner. Scott tells Vince that after the unfortunate injury to his brother that he didn’t know where his career was going to go. He was given the chance to be successful on his own and took advantage of it and defeated Rick Martel to win the prestigious WWF Intercontinental Championship. Steiner tells McMahon that he will give anyone a title shot whether Martel wants a piece of him again or if Ron Simmons wants to prove himself to Steiner in the ring, it doesn’t matter, because Scott Steiner is going to do whatever it takes to keep the gold around his waist for a long time to come. Vince asks about Rick Steiner and if the Steiner Brothers will reform upon his return. Steiner is noncommittal but says the Steiner Brothers goes past just being a tag team, they are brothers and will have each others back no matter what.
6. Jack Tunney Announcement: Jack Tunney announces that on September 25th the Undertaker will defend the WWF World Championship against Yokozuna and the match will be held with a no disqualification stipulation.
7. Bob Holly defeated Doink the Clown by disqualification in 6:15 when a bigger clown coming in and attacking Holly. The mysterious clown was constantly laughing and hit a top rope moonsault before posing with Doink to end the program.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 9/4/1994
1. Hunter Hearst Helmsley defeated Paul Diamond in 2:33 following the Pedigree
2. The British Bulldog defeated Vance Grant in 2:46 following a running power slam
3. WWF World Tag Team Champion the Smoking Gunns defeated Chris Kanyon & Mark Starr
4. Marty Jannetty defeated Bob Backlund in 5:11 following the Rocker Dropper
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.