Rebooking The WWF: Week 43, 1994
WWF RAW 10/24/1994
1. Doink The Clown & Hughe The Clown defeated Owen Hart & Jim Neidhart in 5:07 when Hughie pinned Neidhart following a top rope moonsault. During the match, WWF World Tag Team Champions the Smoking Gunns shared pre-tape comments saying they aren’t afraid of clowns and that if they meet Doink and Hughie this Sunday it will not be a laughing matter.
2. The British Bulldog defeated Von Wilson in 2:33 following a running power slam. After the match, Bulldog cuts a promo to the camera saying that King Yokozuna better watch his back.
3. King Yokozuna & Jim Cornette Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with the WWF World Champion King Yokozuna and Jim Cornette regarding his title match this Sunday. Cornette says that while it is incredibly unfair to the champion that he doesn’t know his opponent is, it won’t matter because Yokozuna is the most dominating and the best wrestler going in professional wrestling today. Whether it is the British Bulldog, Bret Hart or the Undertaker, King Yokozuna will reign supreme and continue to dominate all of the WWF. Cornette says that nobody on the WWF roster can takedown his man and they will run supreme over the WWF for the foreseeable future. Yokozuna chimes in simply yelling “Bonzai!”
4. John Bradshaw defeated Paul Pearl in 2:05 following a lariat. After the match, Jerry Lawler came out wearing a cowboy hat and has fake teeth in his mouth with missing teeth. Bradshaw leaves the ring and chases Lawler to the backstage area.
5. Ron Simmons & Tatanka defeated Chris Kanyon & Mark Starr in 3:44 when Tatanka pinned Kanyon. During the match, Marty Jannetty & The Kamikaze Kid shared pre-tape comments saying that they are ready for battle this Sunday as they look to end the Movement.
6. Hulk Hogan Interview: Earlier in the day, Jim Ross interviewed Hulk Hogan about his feud with the Dynasty, which he is looking forward to their five on five tag team match at Survivor Series. Hogan says when his team beats the Dynasty he is moving on once and for all and wants one more chance at the WWF World Championship. Ross announces that Hogan will compete on RAW next week against anti-American Ludvig Borga. Hogan says that he has a made a career of taking out anyone who bad mouths the USA and he will do the same to Ludvig Borga next week on RAW, brother!
7. Duke Droese Vignette: The final vignette promoting the debut of Duke Droese is aired. Droese will be making his debut next week on RAW.
8. Bret Hart defeated Rick Martel in 5:14 with the Sharpshooter. After the match, Tamara yelled at Martel as they went to the backstage area. Hart signaled that he wants the WWF World Championship back around his waist this Sunday.
9. WWF Intercontinental Champion Scott Steiner defeated IRS in 8:08 following the Frankensteiner.
10. Hunter Hearst Helmsley Interview: Vince McMahon interviews Hunter Hearst Helmsley who tells McMahon that if the fans are dumb enough to vote for him this weekend, they will see their favorite Scott Steiner lose the WWF Intercontinental Championship because he is better than that Michigan moron. McMahon also brings up Mr. Perfect, who Hunter laughs at saying that Perfect is nothing but imperfection nowadays. Helmsley says that Perfect’s time in the limelight is over with and if they square off in the ring he will drop him with the Pedigree and hopefully knock some sense into Mr. Perfect.
11. The Quebecers defeated Greg Johnson & Bobby Walker in 4:11 when Pierre pinned Walker.
12. Diesel defeated Crush in 8:52 following the Jackknife Powerbomb. After the match, Lex Luger enters the ring and attacks Diesel with a steel chair nailing Diesel over the head and stands over Big Daddy Cool to end the program.
WWF Superstars 10/29/1994
1. The Heavenly Bodies defeated Rick Fargo & Sonny Rogers in 2:56 when Del Ray pinned Fargo.
2. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated John Stevens in 2:07 following a diving headbutt.
3. The Undertaker Interview: Jim Ross interviewed Paul Bearer and the Undertaker. Bearer said that if the WWF fans vote for the Undertaker for this Sunday’s pay per view, the reign of King Yokozuna will come to an end and the Deadman will reclaim the WWF World Championship. Bearer knows that Yokozuna is afraid of the dark and the darkness is coming to execute the reign of King Yokozuna.
4. Mr. Perfect defeated Tom Torres in 2:28 following the Perfect Plex.
5. In Your House Hype Video: A video promoting the pay per view and the mystery title matches taking place the night before Halloween.
6. Shawn Michaels defeated Sionne in 6:20 following a superkick.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 10/30/1994
1. Jerry Lawler defeated Tony Zane in 3:17 following a piledriver.
2. Marty Jannetty & The Kamikaze Kid defeated Bob Cook & John Stevens in 2:18 when Kid pinned Cook.
3. Razor Ramon defeated Carlos Vega in 7:13 following the Razors Edge.
Bob Colling Jr. View All
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.
Leave a Reply