Rebooking The WWF: Week 48, 1994
WWF RAW 11/28/1994
1. Chris Benoit defeated Patrick Griffin in 2:14 with a German suplex.
2. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated James Howard in 2:33 following a diving head butt.
3. The Movement Interview: Jim Ross introduces Ron Simmons, Tatanka and Carlos Vega, better known as the Movement for an interview. Ross gives credit to Simmons and Tatanak for their victorious at Survivor Series last Wednesday. Simmons tells Ross that it is about time he and the rest of the world realize that the Movement isn’t a joke. Simmons says that for far too long they allowed themselves to be treated less than everyone else and today it’s a new era. It’s the era of the Movement. At Survivor Series, he defeated Bret Hart, who people consider to be the best wrestler going and is a former WWF World Champion. Simmons suggests that with that victory he should get a title shot. Simmons puts over Tatanka for his victory over Shawn Michaels, who is considered to be a future World Champion. Simmons wants to know where is Tatanka’s praise. Why isn’t Tatanka seen as a future World Champion? Lastly, Simmons puts over Carlos Vega for smartening up and joining his brothers as they look to shake the foundation of the WWF Simmons tells Ross that as long as they are united, nothing can prevent them from taking over the WWF and taking all the gold, which they deserve. “The Movement isn’t slowing down anytime soon, JR.”
4. Razor Ramon defeated Tom Black in 2:06 following the Razors Edge. During the match, Jeff Jarrett cut a promo calling Ramon nothing more than a fake tough greaser and that Jarrett is going to beat him because he is the greater professional wrestler.
5. British Bulldog defeated Mike Taylor in 2:45 following a running power slam.
6. Hulk Hogan Interview: Vince McMahon introduces Hulk Hogan for an interview. Hogan is greeted with a great ovation and Hogan smiling since his team won the Survivor Series match against the Dynasty. McMahon gives him props for his victory at Survivor Series but notes that Hogan had a brief confrontation with WWF World Champion King Yokozuna at the end of the pay per view. McMahon wants to know what that was all about. Hogan says he entered the Survivor Series with the mindset and goal to beat Ric Flair and his cronies once and for all and he did just that. His goals changed after that match and it’s back to reclaiming what he never lost in the ring. Hogan wants the WWF World Championship back around his waist and he knows he is the man who can take out the mighty King Yokozuna to get it done, brother.
7. Bob Holly defeated Greg Jacobson in 3:16 following a top rope cross body.
8. Hunter Hearst Helmsley defeated Marty Jannetty in 5:52 following the Pedigree.
9. Diesel Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Big Daddy Cool, Diesel. Diesel is proud of what he did to Lex Luger at Survivor Series. Ross claims that Luger is saying he needs reconstructive surgery and he hears he will never look the same. Diesel laughs off the rumor and tells Ross that he did some reconstructive. Diesel suggests that Luger not show his face in the WWF or it will get rearranged. Ross mentions the Royal Rumble and Diesel proclaims that he will enter the match and toss twenty-nine other superstars over the top as he will become the WWF World Champion at WrestleMania XI. Diesel is focused and determined to be champion and nobody is going to stop him.
10. Duke Droese defeated IRS in 4:05 following a spine buster. After the match, Ludvig Borga came out and attacked Droese with his own trash can. Borga stood tall with a scowl on his face to end the segment.
11. Jim Cornette & King Yokozuna Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with WWF World Champion King Yokozuna and Jim Cornette regarding the challenge made by Hulk Hogan earlier in the night. Cornette tells McMahon that he knows many people think that his client King Yokozuna would deny the challenge from Hulk Hogan, but that’s not the case. Yokozuna welcomes the challenge because he wants to crush the American peoples dreams by defeating their hero on pay per view at the Royal Rumble. Cornette tells us that Hulk Hogan will fail at his quest at becoming the WWF World Champion and he will be a failure in the eyes of the fans.
12. WWF World Tag Team Champions The Smoking Gunns defeated The Steiner Brothers in 13:08 when Billy pinned Scott Steiner after Rick Steiner turned on Scott hitting him with the WWF Intercontinental Championship allowing the Gunns to hit the Sidewinder on Scott.
WWF Superstars 12/3/1994
1. Shawn Michaels defeated Todd Tyler in 2:35 following a super kick.
2. Owen Hart defeated Rick Fuller in 2:44 following a missile dropkick.
3. Scott Norton defeated Dale Thomas in 2:10 following a middle rope shoulder block.
4. The Heavenly Bodies defeated Men on a Mission in 6:14 when Del Ray pinned Mo after a spike piledriver with Pritchard.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 12/4/1994
1. Mr. Perfect defeated Chris Kanyon in 2:19 following the Perfect Plex.
2. Jeff Jarrett defeated Jim Neidhart in 2:33 with the figure four
3. The Undertaker defeated Ludvig Borga in 5:13 following a tombstone piledriver.
Bob Colling Jr. View All
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.
Leave a Reply