WWF Superstars 6/5/1993
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Worcester, MA
1.)Bret Hart defeated Papa Shango
2.)The Headshrinkers defeated Tim McNeany & Scott Taylor
3.)Kamala defeated Phil Apollo
4.)Lex Luger defeated Jason Knight
5.)Mr. Hughes defeated Russ Greenberg
6.)The Smoking Gunns defeated Gus Kantarakis & Dale Wolfe
1. Papa Shango cut a promo before his match saying that Bret Hart will not leave his dark circle and lights a photo of Bret Hart on fire.
2. Shango opens the bout with the early advantage with right hands until he misses a splash and is worked on by Hart briefly in the corner. Shango hits a side slam to regain control, though. Shango is biting Hart’s forehead as he keeps his offense very basic. Shango stops Hart’s comeback with a backbreaker. Shango goes to hit Hart with his stick but the referee prevents that from happening. Hart ducks a clothesline and dropkicks Shango. Hart hits an atomic drop and a clothesline before dropping Shango with a side Russian leg sweep. It’s the typical victory sequence from Hart. Shango catches Hart in the corner and hits the shoulder breaker! Shango misses a leg drop and Hart locks in the Sharpshooter to win the bout.
3. Face to Face this week is between Jim Duggan and Yokozuna. Duggan just talks about Memorial Day and honoring all the soliders and stuff like that. They will be having a lumberjack match and Mr. Fuji asks Duggan how he will get Yokozuna back into the ring if Yoko is knocked out of the ring. I didn’t see the point of this promo, really.
4. We hear from the 1-2-3 Kid who again declines the $5,000 offer from Razor Ramon for a rematch.
5. Face to Face closes the show with the Undertaker and Giant Gonzalez. Wippleman says that the Undertaker will be flat on his back when they meet in the ring. Paul Bearer refutes him by saying it will be the end of the Giant Gonzaelz.
Just an average edition of Superstars this go around. The featured bout wasn’t overly good or anything and there wasn’t a major interview or anything. So, it gets a thumbs in the middle from me.
Thanks for reading.
Bob Colling Jr. View All
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.
Leave a Reply