Rebooking The WWF: Week 3, 1993
It’s the last week for the rebooked version of WWF Royal Rumble 1993. See how some of the WWF wrestlers are preparing for the event!
WWF Superstars 1/16/1993
1. Crush defeated Skinner in 4:15 following the use of the Kona Vice
2. Royal Rumble 1993 Report: The main interview in this segment was with Jerry Lawler. Lawler brags about being a king and believes that him winning the Royal Rumble is his destiny. Lawler says it is only fitting for royalty to win the Royal Rumble. Lawler makes sure to insult Bret Hart as he assures fans that when he wins, he will win the WWF World Championship at Wrestle Mania IX. The segment also has promos by Tatanka, Papa Shango and Crush regarding the Royal Rumble.
3. Razor Ramon defeated Glenn Ruth in 1:02 following the Razors Edge. During the bout, a pre-tape promo of Ramon talking about the Royal Rumble was shown.
4. Marty Jannetty Interview: Mean Gene interviews Jannetty regarding his upcoming match with Shawn Michaels at the Royal Rumble. Jannetty has been waiting for this moment for over a year and says he isn’t going to screw this up. Gene brings up Jannetty accidentally hitting Sensational Sherri with a mirror a few weeks ago. Jannetty states it was an accident and that only a coward like Shawn Michaels would protect himself by putting a woman in front of him. Gene notes that Sherri is at home still recovering from facial fractures. Jannetty finishes off the promo by saying that at the Royal Rumble, Jannetty will be new WWF Intercontinental Champion!
5. Steiner Brothers defeated Duane Gill/Barry Hardy in 2:33 when Scott pinned Hardy. During the bout, the Headshrinkers and Afa cut a promo which no one could understand while eating meat and head butting each other.
6. Yokozuna defeated Jim Powers in 0:45 following the Bonzai Drop.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 1/17/1993
1. Marty Jannetty defeated Damien Demento in 3:45 following the Rocker Dropper. During the bout, Shawn Michaels cut a promo where he was rather cocky regarding his match with Jannetty.
2. Royal Rumble 1993 Report: The Steiner Brothers are the main interview for the segment. They are hyping up their tag team match with the undefeated team, the Headshrinkers. Scott Steiner says that they came to the WWF to wrestle the best competition and they promise that sooner rather than later they will be the WWF World Tag Team Champions! Other interviews included words from Tatanka and the Repo Man regarding the Royal Rumble match.
3. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Koko B. Ware in 1:53 following a flying head butt. During the bout, Jim Duggan cut a promo saying he is going to knock Bigelow’s teeth down his throat, tough guy!
4. The Headshrinkers defeated the Bushwhackers in 3:01 when Fatu pinned Luke.
5. Ric Flair Interview: Mean Gene interviews Flair about the upcoming Royal Rumble match. Flair reminds Gene and everyone else that last year he won the Royal Rumble and won the WWF World Championship. Flair knows what it takes to win the grueling contest. Flair notes that he hasn’t gotten a rematch against Bret Hart yet and believes that is a crime. Flair will guarantee his rematch by winning the Royal Rumble and once again becoming the man!
6. Big Bossman defeated the Brooklyn Brawler in 2:39 following a side walk slam. After the match, Yokozuna came down to the ring but was held back from entering the ring by several referees and enhancement talent.
WWF RAW 1/18/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. The Beverly Brothers defeated the Natural Disasters in 6:26 when Beau pinned Typhoon. During the bout, a pre-tape promo by Money Inc aired. They laughed off any kind true challengers to their championships and DiBiase said they are going to be the champions for a long, long time.
2. Royal Rumble 1993 Report: This week saw Mean Gene just running down the card as the Royal Rumble is only six days away!
3. Rick Martel defeated PJ Walker in 2:54 following the Boston Crab.
4. Tatanka defeated Barry Horowitz in 1:39 following a Samoan Drop. During the bout, a pre-tape interview with Doink the Clown is aired. Doink thinks he has a lot in common with Tatanka as they play dress up. Doink completely insults Tatanka’s heritage and believes Tatanka is just a joke.
5. Bobby Heenan Interview: Vince McMahon interviews Heenan regarding the debut of the Narcissist at the Royal Rumble. Heenan puts over the Narcissist as the greatest specimen to ever enter the WWF. Heenan heavily hypes up the physical features and claims that the Narcissist has World Champion talent. McMahon isn’t sold on what Heenan is selling. Heenan tells McMahon he will find out this Sunday just how big a deal the Narcissist truly is.
6. Mr. Perfect defeated Scott Taylor in 1:57 following the Perfect Plex.
WWF Superstars 1/23/1993
1. Doink the Clown defeated Glenn Ruth in 2:42 following the Whoopee Cushion. After the match, Tatanka runs down and attacks Doink.
2. Royal Rumble 1993: Mean Gene hypes up the pay per view and also shows footage from a recent house show where Doink had burned Tatanka’s head dress.
3. Crush defeated Mike Sharpe in 1:29 following the Kona Vice.
4. Rick Martel Interview: Mean Gene interview Martel regarding the Royal Rumble. Martel puts himself over as the only person in the WWF with any kind of style and durability. Martel believes that the perfect accessory for his outfits would be the WWF World Championship and will stop at nothing to win it.
5. The Undertaker defeated Mike Bell in 0:36 following a tombstone pile driver. During the bout, a pre-tape interview with Paul Bearer and the Undertaker is aired. Bearer is confident that the dead man will prevail at the Royal Rumble.
6. WWF World Tag Team Champions Money Inc. defeated High Energy in 5:04 in a non-title match when IRS pinned Koko B. Ware.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 1/24/1993
1. The Natural Disasters defeated Barry Horowitz/Joey Maggs in 2:55 when Typhoon pinned Horowitz.
2. Royal Rumble 1993 Report: Mean Gene runs down the show taking place later on in the day.
3. Razor Ramon defeated Scott Taylor in 1:24 following the Razors Edge
4. Repo Man defeated PJ Walker in 3:37 following a power slam
5. Nasty Boys Interview: Mean Gene interview the Nasty Boys regarding Money Inc. The Nasty Boys believe that they have been avoided long enough and demand they get a WWF World Tag Team Championship match. They believe that Jimmy Hart never filed any paper work when he was their manager. Nasty Boys believe that Money Inc. are afraid of them. They don’t care what it takes, they want a shot at the straps!
6. Big Bossman defeated Damien Demento in 4:18 following a side walk slam
Bob Colling Jr. View All
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.
Leave a Reply